Ep-3 "By your side"

I love you more than words can express"

Days turned into months as Andrea and Simon's friendship grew stronger. Despite the ongoing challenges at Simon's home, they found solace and support in each other's company. Andrea often heard Mr. Riley's angry outbursts and the distressing cries of Simon and Tommy echoing from their house. It pained her deeply to witness their suffering, but she remained steadfast in her determination to help them.

One evening, as Andrea sat in her room, she heard raised voices and sounds of a struggle coming from Simon's house. Without hesitation, she rushed outside and followed the noise. She found Simon running towards her, his arms marked with bruises and cigarette burns.

"Andrea, we need to get out of here," Simon pleaded, his voice trembling with fear and anger.

Andrea took his arm gently, her heart breaking at the sight of his injuries. "Come with me," she said firmly, leading him to her house.

Inside, Andrea inspected Simon's wounds with tears in her eyes. "Simon, this has to stop. No one should have to endure this."

Simon clenched his fists, his face contorted with pain and rage. "I can't take it anymore. He's out of control."

Andrea hugged him tightly, offering what little comfort she could. "We'll figure this out, Simon. My mom and I will help you. You're not alone in this."

Just then, Andrea's mother, Caroline, entered the room, concern etched on her face. She took in Simon's injuries and Andrea's distressed expression.

"Caroline, we have to do something," Andrea said urgently. "Simon and Tommy can't stay there any longer. Mr. Riley is hurting them."

Caroline nodded solemnly, her resolve firm. "We'll call the authorities. Simon, Tommy, you both can stay here tonight. Tomorrow, we'll make sure you're safe."

Simon nodded gratefully, tears streaming down his face. "Thank you, Mrs. Shepherd. Thank you both."

Caroline hugged him gently. "You're part of our family now, Simon. We'll protect you."

That night, Simon and Tommy found refuge at Andrea's home, finally experiencing a sense of safety they hadn't known in a long time. The next day, Caroline followed through on her promise, contacting the authorities and initiating the process to ensure Simon, Tommy, and their mother were protected from further harm.

Andrea led Simon to the kitchen, her grip firm yet gentle as she held his hand. Tommy remained in the living room, unaware of the turmoil unfolding between his brother and their father. In the quiet of the kitchen, Andrea's heart ached as she inspected Simon's arm, her eyes filling with tears at the sight of bruises and cigarette burns.

"Where else did he hurt you?" Andrea asked softly, her voice trembling with emotion.

Simon hesitated for a moment before lifting his shirt, revealing belt marks crisscrossing his back. Andrea gasped, her hand covering her mouth in shock and sorrow. She gently touched the marks, her touch a silent promise of solidarity and support.

"I am with you, Simon," she whispered, her voice filled with determination. "You don't have to go through this alone."

Simon looked at Andrea, his eyes brimming with gratitude and relief. For so long, he had carried the weight of their father's abuse in silence, believing there was no way out. Andrea's unwavering support gave him a glimmer of hope-a belief that together, they could find a way to end the cycle of violence.

They stood in the kitchen, united by shared pain and newfound courage. Andrea's presence brought a sense of calm amidst the storm raging in Simon's life. With her by his side, he felt less afraid, more determined to protect himself and Tommy from further harm.