Ep-21 "Into You"

"I'm really into you, and it's something I can't ignore."

General Shepherd went into his temporary office at the base while Andrea looked at Simon.

"Let's go inside, Andrea," Simon said.

"After you," she smiled.

They both went inside the building where their rooms were situated. As Shepherd's daughter, Andrea enjoyed certain privileges, including a spacious room in the VIP section of the building. Simon followed her into her room.

"I made sure your room was prepared beforehand, Andrea," he said, standing by the door as Andrea perched on the edge of the bed.

"Thank you," she replied, glancing around the room. "It looks perfect."

Simon remained standing, a hint of hesitation in his posture. "Is there anything else you need?"

Andrea shook her head, her eyes softening. "No, this is great. Come sit with me for a moment?"

He crossed the room and sat beside her, their shoulders brushing. The room, with its tasteful furnishings and large windows.

Simon took a seat next to her, the comfortable room in stark contrast to the usual austere environment he navigated. The soft brush of shoulders against the fabric of her top sent a subtle thrill through him, a feeling he'd become accustomed to, but one which still managed to make his heart skip a beat.

He was hyper-aware of her proximity, the scent of her perfume mingling with the stillness of the room. He was used to her presence, but in this setting, it felt intimate, charged with a different energy.

"Simon," Andrea began softly, her voice a gentle murmur, "thank you for arranging everything. It means a lot."

He turned to look at her, finding her eyes warm and sincere. "Anything for you, Andrea. You know that."

She smiled, a small, genuine curve of her lips. "It's been a while since we had some time like this. Just the two of us."

Simon nodded, his hand finding hers and giving it a light squeeze. "I've missed it too."

For a moment, they sat in comfortable silence, the room around them a quiet sanctuary from the demands of their lives. It was a rare moment of peace, one they both cherished deeply.

He gently traced circles on the back of her hand with his thumb, the simple contact sending a shiver of desire through him, making it difficult to maintain his usual stoic demeanor. He wanted so badly to embrace her, to hold her close, but the usual boundaries and protocol of military life held him back.

He glanced over at her, his gaze trailing over her lips momentarily before meeting her eyes once more. "You look beautiful tonight," he blurted out, not intending to verbalize that thought.

Andrea's eyes widened slightly in surprise, a faint blush coloring her cheeks. "Thank you, Simon," she said softly, her voice tinged with affection. "You always know how to make me feel special."

Simon smiled, the tension in his shoulders easing a bit. "You are special, Andrea. To me, and to so many others."

She leaned in closer, their faces inches apart. "And you're special to me, Simon," she whispered, her breath warm against his skin.

The charged silence between them grew, filled with unspoken words and shared emotions. Finally, Simon's resolve wavered, and he lifted his free hand to gently cup her cheek. "I don't know what I'd do without you," he admitted, his voice barely above a whisper.

Andrea's eyes softened further, and she tilted her head slightly, leaning into his touch. "You don't have to find out," she replied, her lips curving into a tender smile.