Ep-12 "Al Mazrah"

"Sometimes, the best conversations happen after years of silence."

Ghost stood silently for a moment, the mask concealing the flicker of surprise and admiration in his eyes. "I didn't know you were General Shepherd's daughter, Andrea," he finally said, breaking the silence.

Andrea glanced at him, sipping her coffee. "I didn't want to tell anyone, but Captain Price already introduced me."

Ghost nodded, his gaze steady. "Still, you joined the task force knowing how deadly the missions are. We can lose our lives. You're very young, smooth with hacking skills, and you have a whole life ahead of you, Andrea. Plus, you aren't used to a life like this as Shepherd's daughter."

A wry smile curved Andrea's lips. "You haven't seen me fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan, have you?" She paused, her eyes meeting his with a spark of determination. "I am skilled in hand-to-hand combat and good with an M14 rifle. That's why I'm here. And yes, I am high maintenance," she added with a chuckle, "when I'm off duty."

Ghost couldn't help but chuckle softly at her confidence and humor. "Fair enough. You've proven yourself out there today. Just remember, it's a different kind of battlefield here."

"I know," Andrea replied, her expression sobering as she looked out into the desert night. "But I'm ready for it. I'm here to make a difference."

Ghost nodded, a sense of respect growing for the young woman who had chosen this path despite her background.

He couldn't tell her he was her Simon, the same boy who left her for the British Army. It seemed impossible. Now that her identity as Shepherd's daughter was revealed, she felt totally unapproachable. He knew he was just an infantryman who would never deserve her.

As Ghost stood there, the weight of his unspoken truth bore down on him. The distance between their worlds seemed insurmountable. Andrea was the daughter of a powerful general, a brilliant hacker with a promising future, while he was just a soldier, hidden behind a mask, haunted by his past.

The memories of their shared youth played in his mind like a bittersweet melody. He remembered the laughter they shared, the support she gave him, and the silent promises they made. But now, those memories seemed like a lifetime ago, and the present reality was far more complicated.

Ghost knew he had to keep his secret, to protect her and to fulfill his duty. He couldn't risk the mission, nor could he risk her safety. As much as it pained him, he had to keep his distance, to remain the silent guardian she didn't know she had.

He resolved to bury his feelings deep within, to focus on the mission and to ensure Andrea's safety at all costs. She would never know the truth, but he would always be there for her, just as he had been all those years ago.

Ghost's eyes narrowed slightly, but a smirk tugged at the corner of his mouth beneath the balaclava. "As Shepherd's daughter, I'll have to protect you. So you will have to listen to my orders, Sergeant," he said, stepping closer, his imposing figure towering over her.

Andrea took a step back, still sipping her coffee with a calm demeanor. "Yeah, absolutely, Lieutenant," she replied, her tone light.

"Take a rest now. You shouldn't be out here so late at night," Ghost insisted.

Andrea raised an eyebrow, a playful glint in her eyes. "Whoa! Calm down, LT. Why are you getting possessive?" she teased.

Ghost let out a low chuckle, shaking his head. "Just doing my job, Andrea. Keeping everyone safe, including you."

Andrea smiled, the tension easing slightly. "I appreciate it, Ghost. But I can take care of myself. Don't worry."

"I know you can," Ghost replied, his voice softer. "Just... be careful."