Ep-13 "Amangiri"

Oh my dearest,
I breathe at your name,
Tell me how will I do this
without you?

The next day, they all sat in a helicopter, heading back to their base. Andrea sat with Soap, laughing at his silly jokes. Ghost, on the other hand, couldn't take his eyes off her during the entire ride, and she threw glances at him too.

Upon arriving at their base in Hereford, Captain Price welcomed them warmly, congratulating the team on successfully destroying the ballistic missiles. Andrea settled into her dorm, organizing her gear and vest. She took a quick shower while Captain Price called everyone to the meeting room.

Dressed in jeans and a shirt, with slippers on her feet, Andrea hurried to the meeting room. Ghost, Soap, and Gaz were already seated.

"Sorry, guys. I'm a bit late. Sorry, Captain," she said, catching her breath.

Captain Price chuckled, waving off her apology with a dismissive gesture. "Don't worry about it, Andrea," he said, his eyes flickering over her attire.

Ghost's gaze was fixed on her, taking in her simple, comfortable outfit. The sight of her casual attire was endearing, making her seem more human and less like the professional soldier he typically saw. He couldn't help but notice the way her wet hair clung to her shoulders, the way her shirt hugged her curves in all the right places.

"You know why you're here?" Captain Price asked, looking unusually cheerful.

Soap and Ghost exchanged glances while Gaz shrugged his shoulders, equally clueless.

"Because Andrea's birthday is in two days, and we're all invited. So, it's a holiday!" Price announced.

"And do you know where we're going?" Andrea stood up, a mischievous smile on her face.

"No idea," Ghost replied.

"Our whole team is going to Amangiri Resort in Utah to celebrate. I've already booked the resort, so we'll all be there together," she chuckled.

Soap jumped up, "Oh my God! What?"

Ghost crossed his arms, a skeptical look on his face. "How much money did you spend on this, soldier?"

"That's none of your business, LT," Andrea snapped, glaring at him. "Besides, if anyone doesn't want to come with me, then don't."

"Everybody is coming to your birthday, Andrea. Don't worry," Captain Price assured her, his tone warm and supportive.

Ghost frowned, his thoughts racing. A holiday with Andrea at a luxury resort in Utah? The idea of spending time with her away from the base, in such close quarters, was both exciting and unnerving. His mind was bombarded with thoughts of her in a swimsuit, lounging by the pool, the soft curve of her hips, the way the sunlight would play on her skin...

He shook his head, trying to clear his mind. This was a recipe for disaster. The lines between professional and personal were already blurry, and this trip could push things too far. He needed to maintain his focus, keep his distance. Yet, the thought of spending time with her in such a relaxed setting was tempting.

Ghost took a deep breath, forcing himself to concentrate on the mission at hand. "Alright, everyone," Captain Price continued, "get packed. We leave first thing tomorrow."

The rest of the day passed slowly for Ghost. He found himself unable to concentrate on his work, his mind constantly wandering to thoughts of the upcoming trip. He knew it was a bad idea, knew that being in such close proximity to Andrea in such an intimate setting would only complicate things further.