Ep-6 "The Birth of Ghost"

"The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not 'get over' the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered."

After the reunion, Simon headed out from Mrs. Riley's home and strolled idly through the streets of Manchester. His mind kept drifting back to Andrea, her absence still a painful weight in his heart. He continued walking, the air crisp and cool.

His thoughts led him toward their old park. He found himself standing before the place where they would often meet in their youth. The park was quieter now, and the swings creaked softly in the wind. The setting felt strangely reflective, as if it mirrored his current turmoil.

Simon took a deep breath and walked over to the bench where they used to sit. He sat down, the cool metal of the bench sending a shiver through him. Memories flooded back: their laughter, their conversations, and the unspoken bond that had always existed between them.

He pulled out his phone, scrolling through his old messages with Andrea. They hadn't communicated in six years, but he kept the messages as a reminder of the connection they once had. His thumb hovered over the screen, contemplating sending her a message. He wondered if she still thought of him, if she missed him as much as he missed her.

The silence of the park was broken by the distant sound of a car passing by. Simon sighed, slipping his phone back into his pocket. He leaned back, looking up at the night sky. Stars twinkled above, their light a faint reminder of the vastness of the world and the smallness of his own troubles.

As he sat there, lost in thought, he couldn't help but wonder what Andrea's life was like now. He had heard bits and pieces through Tommy-how she had moved to the States with her father, The image of her in his mind had shifted from the girl he knew to a strong, capable woman, but the core of who she was remained the same in his heart.

A sudden chill in the air brought him back to the present. He stood up, shaking off the melancholy that had settled over him. The park was just a place, but the memories it held were precious. He knew he couldn't dwell on the past forever.

As he walked back toward his childhood home, he resolved to move forward. He couldn't change what had happened, but he could honor the memories by living his life to the fullest. Andrea had her path, and he had his.

A thin shaft of sunlight filtering through the trees above, casting dappled shadows on the ground. He had come here seeking solace, hoping the serene surroundings would quiet the storm of thoughts swirling within him. Andrea's face kept flashing before his eyes, her concern over recent events etched deeply in his mind.

His phone buzzed, startling him out of his reverie. An unknown number blinked on the screen. With a sense of foreboding, he answered cautiously, his grip tightening on the phone.

"Hello?" Simon's voice was guarded, bracing for whatever unpleasant surprise awaited him.

A low chuckle crackled through the line, sending a chill down his spine. "Manuel Roba," the voice sneered, dripping with malice. Simon's breath caught. Roba-his nemesis, the man who had brought havoc into his life before.

"What do you want, you bastard?" Simon's words seethed with restrained anger, memories of past betrayals flashing before his eyes.

Roba's laughter was a sharp, cruel sound. "What do I want? I want you to go back home and see what I've done to your family." The line went dead with a finality that echoed like a death knell in Simon's ears.

Heart pounding, Simon leaped to his feet, the phone slipping from his hand as he sprinted through the park, desperation lending speed to his steps. Panic surged within him, a tidal wave threatening to engulf his very being. Each stride carried him closer to the place he called home, dread tightening its grip with every passing moment.