Chapter 9: Major Problems

Izuku got off the phone with a sigh. It seems like the Gangreen Gang pulling that stunt yesterday had a silver lining.

***************************************************************
Flashback yesterday
***************************************************************

The mayor is in his office. Suddenly, his phone rings. "Hello?"

"Hurry Mayor, we need you to cut the red ribbon at the new mall. The crowd is getting restless!"

"We want shop! We want shop!"

"Hurry."

The mayor rushes to his oversized scissors and out of Town Hall, right past the Gangreen Gang.

Thirty minutes later...

Miss Bellum is trying to calm down a crowd of civilians in front of a new mall. This place was suppose to be a secret mall for mold breakers, darn it!

"We want shop! We want shop!"

Bellum dodges a chair. Then a mailbox. Are you kidding me?! How the heck did they yoink out a lamp post?! Ugh, if only she could call the Mayor and get this place legit.

"Hi Miss Bellum! I'm here to cut the ribbon and make this place legit!" The mayor says, holding up his oversized scissors.

Oh... Hallelujah.

***************************************************************
Flashback End
***************************************************************

Yep, none of that was planned. But, it worked out so he won't complain.

In the meantime, a major problem occurred. Ret struck again, making the citizens of Townsville turn against their once loved heroes!

***************************************************************

Blossom is starting to understand what Bubbles is talking about. After Him turned all of Townsville against the Powerpuff Girls, Izuku was the only one who stood by their side. Blossom's research concludes that she is suffering from the suspended bridge effect.

Still, it feels nice. And, it's gonna go away soon enough. Blossom made sure to look into it. Granted, she doesn't want to let go of it yet. But, oh well.

Buttercup on the other hand is even more sure that Izuku is up to no good. It's kinda weird actually. Every time Izuku does something that would normally make her trust someone, Buttercup just gets more suspicious of Izuku.

However, the girls soon encounter some major competition for the title of Townsville heroes.

***************************************************************

The girls gawk at what they just saw. Another hero in their town! That's never happened before!

And he solved all those problems so fast, being in the right place at the right time! He even has a theme song! The Powerpuff Girls don't have a theme song, but he does?! That's so unfair!

"There's something suspicious about this guy..." Blossom ponders.

"I think he's legit." Buttercup exclaims. "My suspicious character senses haven't gone off yet. If anything, it's somehow even quieter."

"Buttercup, that's your crush, not suspicious character senses." Bubbles explains.

"IT'S NOT A CRUSH, BUBBLES!" Buttercup denies.

"That's it!" Blossom yells.

"Told ya!" Bubbles gloats.

"Not that!" Blossom explains. "I mean, maybe Izuku knows what's going on with that guy. He is Mojo JoJo's kid, maybe he knows how this guy is always in the right place at the right time."

"Oh." Bubbles says. "It's still a crush."

"NO IT'S NOT!!!"

***************************************************************

"We just can't figure it out." Blossom says. "He's always the first one on the scene and the problems are almost always sorted out before we arrive."

"Yeah, I haven't fought any crooks in three days! THREE DAYS! It's stressing me OUT!!!" Buttercup declares in anger.

"Not only that, but the overall crime rate is decreasing all over Townsville." Bubbles explains. The other girls jaw drop at her. "What? I can be observant if I want to."

Izuku gives a faint chuckle. "Yes, I have actually seen cases like this before."

"You have?" The girls ask in unison.

"Yes, it's a rather obvious red flag if you pay attention. Good on you for noticing." Izuku says.

The girls look at him with a pleading look in their eyes. Clearly they haven't quite pieced it together yet.

Izuku sighs. "Look, there are two possibilities for why he's always there first. Either he's got an extremely efficient patrol route or he's setting up the crime in the first place."

It could also be a foresight ability, but Izuku has been searching for one of those since he settled in. So, he doesn't disclose it to the girls.

"Bubbles, you said the overall crime rate has decreased? There's only one reason for that to happen." Izuku eludes.

The girls look closer. A little too close, actually. Izuku takes a step back and explains. "While I said there's only one, there is another which doesn't apply here. You see, when a traveling hero arrives, villains tend to lay low until they leave. But, this Major Man hero is here to stay."

Izuku takes a breather before continuing. "In moments like these, the villains will adapt to the new hero and plot around him. But, that isn't happening. Criminals don't steal without reason and the most common reason is money. The only reason for them to lay low in this state is for another source of income. One that's easier and less likely to get them jail time."

"Just get to the point already!" Buttercup says, tapping her foot.

"Quiet, Buttercup! I wanna see where he's going with this!" Blossom says. Her eyes have completely turned into hearts at this point.

Interesting. Izuku makes a mental note to mutter storm about this later. In the meantime, he has an analysis to finish. "The only way the criminals can lay low and STILL get money is if someone is giving it to them. Like, they're literally being paid to stay home. Combine that with the fact that all the crimes are active in his patrol route and there's only one possible answer: Major Man is paying them to not do anything OR do what he tells them to at the time he tells them to do it. Suddenly, you have the perfect hero that keeps the city clean better than anyone else."

"What?!" Buttercup asks, enraged.

"That's horrible!" Bubbles states, horrified.

"We have to stop him!" Blossom declares with determination.

"You're right, Blossom. Because, the aftermath of this scheme is far worse than any of you realize." Izuku says, his tone now deathly serious. "It doesn't take long for the criminals to get greedy and soon Major Man won't be able to pay the piper. Because he's controlling them only with money, it won't take long for them to betray the idiot and go on a crime spree. Only this time, they'll have better gear courtesy of their ex-sponsor."

Izuku holds out his hand. "I can't ignore this either. Please, let me help you expose him. I have the tech to compete with his powers. You just gotta keep the civilians out of harms way and I'll take care of the fraud."

The girls look at each other and nod. It's time to take down Major Man.

Next Chapter: Major Threat

Now, you might be wondering if I'm gonna make a whole chapter based on the fight between Izuku and Major Man. Major Man is going to replace Princess Morebucks as the rich prick antagonist. So, I might as well establish him as a threat. I don't know if I can make it a long chapter but I sure will try.