Chapter 5: Blossom in Bloom

Shifting in an endless red void, the most diabolical entity in Townsville ponders how to deal with this new threat. It's been so long since something actually posed a threat to him.

The magic to defeat a scarlet devil has been lost to the Dark World. And yet, someone has been using it to disrupt his influence on Townsville. The devil doesn't know who but he has a way to find out.

The Powerpuff Girls. More specifically, Bubbles. More specifically than that, her doll Octi. He just needs to be subtle for a while. The girls will find his bane and he just needs to wait for the perfect opportunity to get the book.

Oh no! It looks like that menace who must not be named is up to no good! And no good can only mean... All bad! Will the Powerpuff Girls have what it takes to stop them?!!

***************************************************************

Next morning, Blossom is spying on Izuku. She peers down at him from the ceiling of the observatory. Every single move he makes is carefully analyzed for any sign of Evil.

"Dang, the symbols for organ restoration are so complicated. Maybe if I [mutter mutter]..." Obviously, he's trying to use an evil spell to summon a demon! Or an ice age! Or... or a giant falling moon with a face! But, it absolutely can not be anything good!

She takes a picture for evidence. And another. And another... And then a whole bunch more.

Suddenly a phone rings and Izuku pulls it out of his pocket. "Hello? Ah, Uncle Cadaver Sensei! What's up? ..." The boy's face suddenly looks serious. "I'm on my way. Ret won't escape unscathed this time!"

Izuku hangs up and runs out the door. Blossom is close behind.

***************************************************************

Blossom follows the boy to the same abandoned theater that Buttercup did. The boy does in fact have a zombie magician here. Something that is clearly shady.

Blossom is about to confront the boy when her sisters are seen flying by. She sneaks out to join them.

Turns out, a group of living plastic armor are taking over the nearby toy store. The girls are about to attack when the knights a circle appears under all of them.

The knights rattle and burst into scarlet flames. A deep voice screams in agony from nowhere in particular. Though it does sound vaguely familiar to the girls.

When the flames disappear, in place of the soldiers are various action figures. The girls expected that might be the case. But, what beat them? Where did those flames come from? Challenging Him's magic with magic has never been done, even by those capable of it.

And by the sound of it, the magic user even managed to HURT Him of all people! That's someone they want on their side!

Maybe the Professor can help track them down! Or the mayor. Not putting much hope into him though...

***************************************************************

Him is enraged. Someone actually has the guts to challenge the devil at his own game and WIN?!! Oh, that just won't do.

Him just needs to figure out who it is! Whoever it was knows scarlet devil magic. That certainly makes it easier to find them. However, that doesn't narrow down the suspect list either.

Even worse, they actually made a burn! That means they are deadly. It's a much more serious threat than Him first thought!

Still, he needs to be patient. Scarlet devil magic can weaken or even hurt a scarlet devil, but it can never kill them. All it takes is one slip up and he'll have his revenge.

***************************************************************

"So, in conclusion, Mojo JoJo's son is targeting someone named Ret. I don't know why, but that's what he's doing. I also discovered that he's not alone in his endeavors. Someone he calls "Uncle Cadaver Sensei" has joined forces with him." Blossom explains.

"Is that a picture of Izuku in a bubble bath?" Bubbles asks, pointing to the incriminating picture.

Blossom quickly hides it behind her back and gives a nervous laugh. "Uhh, no?" She then gives her sisters a serious glare. "So, what do you think of it?"

"That kid is definitely up to something." Buttercup insists.

"It's worse than I thought..." Bubbles says.

"Finally, you get it." Buttercup states.

"Well, let's hear it. What do you think is going on?" Blossom asks.

"It's horrible, really. You two felt love and you think it's something else.  It's truly a tragedy." Bubbles says, tearing up.

"I DON'T HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM!!!" The girls say in unison.

They are completely unaware of the possessed toy recording their entire conversation.