Chapter 4: Bittercup

The City of Townsville. A lovely metropolis with safe homes...

"MY HOUSE IS ON FIRE!"

Great job security...

"You get fired too, man?"

"Yeah, nowadays the only job you can actually keep is construction work. Maybe I should join the life of crime..."

And let's not forget the crown jewels, The Powerpuff Girls!

Three girls are seen helping the firemen rescue people from the burning building. "Come on, Buttercup! We need to hurry!" Blossom says.

Buttercup rushes to the next citizen of Townsville that's trapped in the burning building. It's not stopping her from grumbling though.

Three people and a hamster later and the building is finally evacuated. The sun sets with no giant monster invasion and the criminals at large are oddly quiet.

"That Izuku guy is definitely up to something." Buttercup says.

Blossom agrees. "Yes, that is likely. But, until we know what he's up to, we can't really do anything." Blossom sighs.

Buttercup huffs. "We need to figure it out fast! It's gonna be bad if whatever evil plan he has actually works."

Bubbles sighs. "Why can't you two just be honest with yourselves."

Blossom and Buttercup leer in suspicion at Bubbles. "What's that supposed to mean?" Blossom asks.

"Yeah, Bubbles. What does that mean?" Buttercup asks with even more venom laced in her tone.

Bubbles just blows up on them. Figuratively of course. "It means YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM!"

That shocks the girls, but they are quick to recover. "How can you be so sure it's a crush?" Blossom inquires.

"Yeah!" Buttercup says, not willing to admit she's gonna go through this again.

Bubbles puts on her most innocent smile 😊 and says "Because I am honestly honest with myself and I have a crush on him too."

Well, ain't that a bombshell to drop out of nowhere. Apparently, all three Powerpuff Girls have a crush on the same boy at the same time! And, that boy is none other than the son of... Mojo JoJo.

"I DON'T HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM!" Buttercup explodes. Figuratively of course. Then she flies off really fast.

Blossom agrees with Buttercup though. "I don't think we have a crush. We are heroes and it is our duty to protect Townsville from all evil." And with that, Blossom flies off too.

Bubbles shrugs. "Tisk tisk tisk. This is exactly what I was talking about. Those two just can't be honest. They tell everyone the truth except for themselves." Bubbles flies off.

***************************************************************

The next morning, Buttercup spies on Izuku. The boy is learning how to cook from Mojo JoJo. The style is... unique.

"And remember, the timing of the flip must perfectly coincide with your preparation of proper seasoning for that is the best possible time to season the food." Mojo JoJo explains.

Izuku flips the fish into the air and grabs the seasoning. However, the fish lands on the floor behind him. "Darn it!"

Mojo JoJo puts his hand on Izuku's shoulder. "Calm yourself, my protege. The path of a master chef is a long path with many ups and downs and turn arounds." Mojo JoJo looks up and shakes his fist begrudgingly. "So many turn arounds."

***************************************************************

Well, that was a waste of time. They spent three whole hours on that stupid cooking lesson! Now, Izuku is going to this old magic studio. Buttercup thought it would be a breakthrough, especially when a zombie appeared.

But, they were just reading! They should be planning to take over Townsville! Not reading dumb old books! Still, Buttercup takes pictures with the camera she brought from home. Maybe that brainiac Blossom can figure something out with this.

***************************************************************

Izuku is going to the mayor's house now. He walks in and greets Ms Bellum. Buttercup, of course, follows him there. But, he's just doing paperwork. Izuku needs to sign up whoever is coming from the Dark World to Townsville to sell their goods.

He also needs to oversee the commissions for the Kaiju and make sure they are getting a good deal. It's time consuming but he will never allow the good hardworking Kaiju get scammed by greedy corporations. And, they make up 73% of the corporations that hire the Kaiju which makes it hard to find good work.

By the time he's done, it's night time. Izuku returns home and so does Buttercup.

***************************************************************

"Well, Buttercup, that's a lot of pictures. But, I don't see anything besides the zombie that might be evil." Blossom says.

"Isn't that a picture of Izuku with his shirt off?" Bubbles asks pointing out a picture that's suspicious for an entirely different reason.

Buttercup blushes but doesn't comment.

"This is exactly what I'm talking about." Bubbles face palms. "You are crushing on him hard. You're just using the investigation as an excuse to spy on him."

"I DON'T HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM!!!" Buttercup yells. And, Bubbles doesn't miss the moment Buttercup pockets the picture with a shirtless Izuku.

Still, it's a little too early for romance. And, a little too late for arguing with them. "Whatever. Let's just go to bed."

***************************************************************

Izuku places paperwork in a secure locker. The writing on the folder reads "Project: Nobody". It's still in the theory stage. He'll need to know more about the Powerpuff Girls and their physical structure before he can get into the testing phase.

Maybe Dad's next plot can help with that. But, for now he needs to keep it a secret.