Chapter 25 Starting Over

I stare at the gate from the car window. "It hasn't been that long since I was last here, but it sure doesn't feel like it." I think as I tightened my hand. 

"You okay?" Kazume whispers making me turn to him with a confused expression, but I then look down to see our hands were interlocked as he sat beside me in the car along with Shiki, who obviously payed it no mind. 

"Just Nostalgic." I answer back as I try to take back my hand, but he tightened his grip on it, not allowing me to take my hand back. However before I could say anything Uncle Koichi clears his throat making us all look over at him. 

"I hope you're all sure about this." Uncle Koichi addresses making Mom let out a sigh as she opens the car door. 

"This is the best option Koichi..." Mom trails off as she gets out of the car and Shiki follows after her. "She doesn't really think that, but she's ready to do whatever she can to make me happy." I think as a slight pain filled my chest as I go to open the door, but it suddenly opened and I see Shiki there. 

"Welcome back." Shiki assures as I slowly get out of the car with a nod and Kazume follows me out as we stood in front of the gate. "I didn't think I'd ever see this gate ever again." I think as I stared at the Gate once more.

"Are you okay, Tsubaki?" Mom's voice rings out as I turn to see she, Shiki and Kazume were all starring at me. 

"I'm fine, Mom. What about you?" I ask causing her to throw her arms around me. 

"I'll survive... Everything's going to be fine, I promise." Mom answers as if she could sense the unease permeating me. 

"I told you before my happiness doesn't matter if we're separated again." I insist as I tighten my grip around her. 

"Tsubaki, I'll never let that happen. I promise." Mom swears as Shiki then turns to us and me and Mom pull away from each other. 

"I promise as well, I won't allow anything to happen to your Mother." Shiki adds making me smile.

"Thank you, Shiki." I thank and he nods as I then see the Gate of the Academy open and my eyes widen to see Narumi standing there with another man he was blonde with Blue eyes.

"Uncle Kazumi?" Kazume asks making me turn to him with a confused expression.

"I wondered where you took off to..." Kazumi sighs as I turn back to him, but Narumi was in front of us with a smile. 

"I'm happy to see you're alright Tsu-chan!" Narumi chirps as he goes to hug me, but Kazume steps in front of him, while summoning a flame. 

"Far enough perverted teacher." Kazume threatens making Narumi stop in his tracks. 

"Kazume, you hurt me so. Do you know how worried I was for the both of you?!" Narumi exclaims. However, the clearing of someone's throat rings out as we all turn to see Kazumi was in front of Shiki and Mom. 

"I assume, you've come to turn yourself into the Academy, Chizome Kamura?" Kazumi questions causing Shiki to go to walk up in front of her, but Mom immediately walks up to him. 

"I'm here to tell my side of the story and re-enroll my daughter into the Academy." Mom responds making a slight smile appear on Kazumi's face and he nods. 

Then let's not waste a minute more standing here." Kazumi insists as he turns and begins walking towards the Academy making us all follow after him. 

"Is your Uncle always so intense?" I inquire to Kazume in a whisper making him slightly chuckle. 

"If you think he's intense? He's nothing compared to my Dad, you should know that..." Kazume trails off making me let out a sigh. 

"Oh yeah, he almost burned me and my Mom alive cause he thought we hurt your Mom." I point out making Kazume glance back over at me.