•10•

Lost boy ~ Ruthy B
Lost boy ~ 5SOS
___________________________________

"Maybe..."

I suddenly jolted up from a sleep. Strange. I don't remember falling asleep. That's when I realize that it was all a dream. We're still on the plane of course but Luke and I didn't have sex. I must have fallen asleep when we got on the plane. Damn. I wanted it to be real. So so badly. I struggle to get comfortable and that's when I wake up Luke.

"What the fuck?!" He says in an angry tone. I roll my eyes. What an ass. I just ignore him and shift again. I just can't seem to get comfortable. Finally I give up and call for the flight attendant. She hands me a water and one of those mini boxes of cereal, a plastic spoon, a little bottle of milk, and a plastic bowl. I thank her and she does the same for Luke. I have lucky charms and he has fruit loops for cereal. I finish eating and then she hands me a pillow. I thank her and lean my chair back. Finally I'm comfortable and start to fall asleep again. That's when Luke shakes me.

"What the hell Luke I was just a about to fall asleep!" I say. He smirks.

"Payback" he says.

"Your an ass" I groan and close my eyes.

"Oh really. I'm an ass when your sitting over there acting all innocent and then you wake me up and now I'm all cranky and can't go back to sleep cause I'm not comfortable and your comfy and about to sleep! Plus the fact that you are so oblivious to the fact that I'm falling in love with you! I'm head over heels and your with stupid Asht-" I cut him off.

"You're....in love with me?" I ask. His face softens.

"Yes. A million times yes" he says. I smile. It worked. Ashton texts me telling me just then telling me that we need to break up. Before I can protests he says that he met someone else and now we can both be happy. But the again, Luke has been bipolar before. I have no doubts that he will be again after this.

"I love you too" I smile. He crashes his lips to mine. I've been waiting so so long for this moment. I do love Luke. And I will shout it to the roof tops. I'm in love with Luke Hemmings. After a while he pulls away. I stare at him confused.

"We can't do this. Ashton" he says.

"He broke up with me..." I say trying to act sad. He hugs me and we kiss more. I cuddle up to Luke. We're both comfy now and fall asleep.

••••

"WAKE UP LOVEBIRDS!" Mikey screams. "WERE HERE!!!"

"Shut the fuck up Mikey" Luke groans, holding onto me tighter. I shift and Luke sucks in a sharp breath. I wonder what that was all about. I slowly get up and move away from him. I pack up my carry on and his as well and we get up and get off the plane hand in hand.

"Damn it!" Calum groans.

"What?" Luke asks.

"The paps are here" he says. And.......?

Luke lets go of my hand and walks away from me. Oh. I see how it is.

"Luke!" I shout. He turns back to me in the tunnel of the plane.

"What's that all about?" I ask.

"What's all what about?" He acts clueless.

"What the paps? Listen, I can't be seen with you out here" he says softly.

"Why?" I say tears beginning to fall.

"Because I'm Luke Hemmings. Your just an ordinary girl." He says in a "duh" tone.

"Oh okay I see. First, you're kissing me and we cuddle and you love me, so it's all okay, and then the next you suddenly can't be seen with me?!" I cry.

"No Elle it's not like that it's just the fact that-" I cut him off.

"Yeah. The fact that I'm just an ordinary girl. And you, Luke Hemmings, can't be seen with me because you're embarrassed" I say.

"No. Elle-" I cut him off again.

"Save it Luke. Don't talk to me anymore. You're so bipolar it's not even funny. You love me one minute and am embarrassed of me the next. I'm done. I'm done waiting for you. And I'm definitely done being in love with someone who doesn't even love me back" I say.

"I love you Elle. I told you!" He says.

"You can't just tell someone you love them. You have to show it. And you, you're not showing it. Goodbye Luke" I say. I walk away as he walks out, taking pictures with fans. I ask Mikey for the address to the hotel and I take a cab. I say my name and he tells me I get a room all to myself. Thank goodness. He tells me that it's room 269 and gives me the key. I thank him and go to my room, lugging my suitcase with me. I cry myself to sleep that night. Just knowing that Luke doesn't really love me. I'm just a normal girl. Calum was right. I never should have gotten involved. I never should have trusted him. But love works in strange ways. And out of all the ways it could have gone wrong, this by far is the worst.

I hate you Luke Hemmings.