•1•

I walked into the empty room. My empty room. My mother is making us move to Australia. I want to stay here. In New York. Where all my friends are. My mom says that I have to go with her. I don't know why because I'm 18 but considering that I am just finishing up high school, I guess I haven't got the necessary materials and resources. Whatever. I still think this is unfair. Mom says that I need to meet my cousin. I guess she thinks that making me move all the way to Australia to meet some cousin that is a year older than me is a good thing. She says I will be excited. The only way I would be excited is if I got to meet my favorite band, 5 Seconds of Summer. That's it. I hardly ever get excited. Mom packs our 2 suit cases into the car and we drive off to the air port.

We go through all the hassle and mom even almost punched a guy in the face because he was staring at me. Mom thinks that any cute guy will hurt me. The only person who I told her that she wouldn't be allowed to investigate if I date him is Luke Hemmings. Which I will never date him so it doesn't matter. I mean come on. Look at me and then look at him. It makes no sense. A guy like him would never date a girl like me let alone love or even notice me. I'm just another one of the nobody's on the face of this earth. But I don't mind. It keeps me out of trouble and keeps me from getting in with the wrong crowd. So who am I to judge?

We get on the plane and sit down. We were about 3 seats away from where the pilot is so mom said I could go talk to him. Even the flight attendants said I could. I just laughed and shook my head. I think my mom forgets how old I am sometimes. For my 16th birthday, she got me a Barbie doll. I was like "come on mom. I'm 16 not 6." But she didn't care. I guess she just wants to keep me from growing up. I can understand but still. I'm told to turn off my phone because we were about to take off. I did as I was told and got out my I pod. I put in my earbuds and turned on "Social Casualty" by 5SOS. Where is all our stuff you ask? Already at the house. We shipped it last week and had the movers set everything up. The only things we have with us are our bathroom supplies and a couple outfits. Nothing else. I have a pretty big wardrobe so I had to narrow down some outfits from the while thing. I'm not one to pick out my outfit for the next day. I do it on that day, donut was extremely difficult to have to pick out my outfits to keep with me until we moved. I soon found myself drifting off to sleep to Luke's angelic voice singing Amnesia.

#############

I woke up to my mom shaking me. I groan and open my eyes. My playlist is still playing so I turn it off and look at her with a "WTF?!" Face.

"We're about to land honey. Put on your belt" she smiles. I'm not smiling. I don't like to be woken up and I'm not a big morning person. At all. I look at my phone and it's automatically now changed to Australian time. It's 2:00 PM. Ew. Too early. I normally start my day at 3:00. It's a little strange but if I don't have school the next day, then that's when I wake up. And I normally sleep like 15 hours a day. My mom literally sees me like 4 hours a day because after I wake up it takes me an hour to get ready and then I go to my friends house for a couple hours. And then I stop at Starbucks to get my mom and I a Carmel mocha frappe with the whip cream in the middle. We are very picky. I lazily clip on my seatbelt and my stomach drops as we land. Everyone piles the plane and we go get our luggage. I see a crowd of screaming girls and they are all being held off by security guards. Hmm. I wonder what that's all about.

"Oh. By the way" my mom starts "your cousin and my brother, his dad, are picking us up."

"Okay" I shrug. I guess I'm going to meet this boy sooner than I thought. As we feet closer to the crowd of girls my mom waves to two guys and shouts that that's them. I glance over and my mouth drops. Who do I see?

Calum fucking Hood.