Chapter 31 - A Choice

POV: Mel Medarda

Livid.

I was absolutely...

Livid!

Mother comes here to Piltover after ten years and tries to undo all of the hard work we have built. She comes here to try and steal away my niece who is bettering the Undercity. She's undermining everything.

This was why I banned her from coming here.

I knew she wanted to when Ashanti had died, but everything would have thrown into chaos.

Mother may be a murdering sociopath, but she cared about her family.

It was probably the only thing she cared about besides power...

My footsteps carried me to her chambers, and I didn't care if she was busy or was... entertaining guests. She needed to hear what I had to say. She needed to listen and heed my words before everything came crumbling down around me.

I rounded the corner and walked through the opened door straight to the woman in question who was lounging around like she wasn't creating problems.

Mother turned around to me, glass in hand.

"Mel! Would you like a-"

Mother didn't get to finish that sentence because I slapped the glass out of her hand in rage.

The woman kneeling at mothers' feet gasped, but I couldn't care.

"Leave." I said as I turned my head to the offended woman.

The woman looked to mother who just waved her hand and the grunted hummed in amusement which had me clenching my jaw in anger.

"Stay away from Dina and stay away from Jayce!" I yelled.

Mother sat up but didn't face me.

It looked like she was just going to eat casually while I raged at her.

"You... really are fond of him. And Dina? She'd family Mel. Why am I not allowed to visit family?" Mother said.

Mother was saying words, but I wasn't listening.

"Better yet... march back to your ship and get the hell out of my city!" I continued angrily as I bent down to get closer to her.

"Get ahold of yourself. I taught you better." Mother scolded as she looked behind her shoulder at me.

Mother finished off her meal while she licked her fingers, but I continued to glare at her.

In the silence, she raised her hand and flicked her fingers for the guard to close the door.

"We're in trouble Mel. An enemy looms. The one that killed your brother. He doesn't believe the score is settled and his resources are vast. That is why I need Dina and the Hextech. Two valuable pieces that would turn the tide in our favor. If I can get Dina on our side? Then we have a magic user who is an army by herself. And the Hextech? If there is a chance it can be weaponized, then we must have it." Mother explained.

There might have been words coming out of her mouth that 'justified' her actions, but the boiling rage withing me hadn't calmed.

"Piltover isn't your testing ground and my niece, your granddaughter isn't a weapon at your disposal! You tried that with Ashanti! Look what happened! The cycle is repeating itself, Mother!" I yelled.