Chapter 23 - Blue Smoke

I was breathing heavily.

Caitlyn rushed to me in seconds and was by my side, rubbing my back. The action helped and I was able to get myself back under control. She stayed by my side until she knew I was okay.

"I'm okay. Just- just needed a minute to adjust." I got out.

"So? Did you do what you needed to do? Was it successful?" Caitlyn questioned.

"Yes, yes, it was successful. I will be able to heal her with my Moms help." I answered.

I got up from where I was sitting and went to Vi's side.

I pulled her shirt up, so the wound was visible, grimacing at what Sevika had done.

The next time I see Sevika I will fucking kill her!

Hovering my hand over Vi's wound, I focused on what I had felt when my Mom had put her paw to my head. I searched for that same feeling and focused on it when I had gotten ahold of it.

Little by little I felt it drip like a spring that had just been dug, but it soon became a geyser when I kept drawing on that same wellspring.

It was hard to draw on it, painful even, but I would do it because I wanted to heal Vi.

Vi was worth more than a little pain.

Caitlyn gasped, but I had my eyes closed in concentration and didn't dare open them until I had finished with what I was doing.

"Holy shit..." Caitlyn uncharacteristically said.

I opened my eyes and saw that Vi's wound had closed.

There wasn't even a scar there.

"Thank Morgana..." I said tiredly.

"Dina... Dina you did it!" Caitlyn said as she flung herself at me.

I embraced Caitlyn without hesitation and rumbled positively.

"Feels good, Princess. We should do this more often." I said.

Vi groaned, so we both separated and looked back at the hardheaded woman. She woke up with a start and looked wildly around the shack. Her eyes locked onto ours and relaxed marginally as she realized she wasn't in any danger. She looked at her hand and saw that there was no blood on it. Her face morphed into one of confusion. She then touched would, but also found nothing.

"How the fuck?" Vi asked.

"Dina. Dina healed you, Vi." Caitlyn blurted out.

"I... I didn't know that was a thing you could do, D" Vi said, awe lace in her tone.

"It wasn't. I got help from Mom." I replied.

Vi's eyes locked onto mine and I would have chuckled at her look if it wasn't such a serious conversation.

"W-what? Your... your mom?" Vi asked.

"Yes, I know how that sound Vi, but she's a spirit now. I accessed the spirit realm and asked her for help which she willingly gave." I explained

"Wow..." Vi said as she got onto her feet.

Caitlyn walked up to Vi and grabbed her face. The enforcer looked into her eyes, and I assumed was looking to see if she was really ok. I didn't blame her. Vi was in really rough shape just a minutes ago.