Chapter 6

(Patrick's POV)

    Pete and I are back together. I missed it. I really love having him as my boyfriend again. It feels new but comfortable at the same time. It's familiar. We've grown since 2005. I am extremely grateful for him. "Earth to Pattycakes." Pete pulls me out of my thoughts. 

  "Alright. I'm fine." I assure him. 

  "I just wanted to check in on you." He kisses my cheek. 

  "I appreciate that." I state. 

  "I know you do. I'm sorry I was such a pain." He says. 

  "You aren't a pain in the ass." I say. "Sometimes you are but not always." 

  "I love you." He states. 

  "I love you too. We have a tour rehearsals to get to." I pull away and get up. 

  "Yes I know that we do. It's worth it. I love us. We'll have plenty of alone time tonight." He says. 

  "Yes. I'll make it worth your while." I state. 

  "I bet you will." He teases. 

   We head out to our tour rehearsals. We leave in two days. It's a lot for us to get done. We still haven't packed. It's going to feel weird but good. 

  "There you are." Andy says. 

  "We're on time, you ass." Pete says. 

  "Why?" Joe gives Pete a look before grabbing his guitar. 

  "Let's be nice." I say as I grab my guitar. 

  We all start our rehearsals. It's great to be back as a band. I liked doing my solo stuff but it wasn't the same. The four of us together are absolute magic. Playing music that I love with my three best friends, there's nothing like it. I love it. It's a magical and special experience. 

  "I missed that smile." Pete tells me during our break. 

  "What smile?" I ask him. 

  "The one you have when you're performing. It looks good on you two. You missed it didn't you?" I ask. 

  "I did miss it. It was needed for a while though." He says. 

  "It was. We're rested and able to be at our best." I state. 

  "Exactly." He says. 

  "We should get back home." I say. 

  "Yes actually. See you guys in the morning." He says. 

  "We should head home. How about we have brunch in the morning?" Joe suggests. 

  "I like that idea. Where?" Andy asks. 

  "I'm down if you are." Pete says. 

  "Sure. I like it too. I have no idea where though." I state. 

  "Well I can text a few options." Joe says. 

  "Yeah that's a good idea." Andy states. 

  "We'll see you in the morning." Pete states. 

   We head home. We stop to get dinner on the way. Its amazing to be back in LA for a while. I do miss Chicago but Los Angeles is nice too. 

  "I'm so tired." I say as I start eating. 

  He starts eating. "So am I. We'll get our rest soon." 

  "Yes we will." I cuddle into his side. 

  He wraps his arms around me. "I love you." 

  "I love you too." I kiss him. 

  He kisses me back. "You're amazing. I'm excited to have you in my life." 

  "You are the love of my life. I'm sorry it took me so long to figure that out." I cuddle into his side more. 

  He holds me closer. "You weren't the only one." He states. 

  "We both made mistakes. We're here together though." I say. 

   "Back where we belong." He kisses me. 

  I kiss him back. "Yes we do belong together. We always have." 

  "I know. You have my heart. You've been my number one since the beginning." He says. 

  "You were my biggest supporter from the moment you met me." I state. 

  "I always will be." He says. 

  "You know how to sweet talk me." I say. 

  "Is it working?" He asks me. 

  I get up and take his hand. "It is. You really know how to get me going." 

  "Yes it is then." We walk to our bedroom. We've already moved back in with each other. We aren't taking it slow this time. Neither of us wants to and I like it.