Chapter 24

We are so close to being married. I'm full of joy to know that Patrick will be my husband. I'll be his. 

   "Hey handsome." Patrick says as he gets up. 

  "Morning. You look handsome too." I say. 

  "Dance with me?" He asks. 

  I take his hand. "Practice for our wedding?" I ask. 

   He turns on the song for our first dance. "Yes. I want it to be perfect. Neither of us are good dancers." He says. 

  "You are a good dancer." I say. 

  "I'm not. I love you." He slow dances with me. 

  I grin and kiss him. "I love you too." 

  He kisses me back. "Thank you." 

  "You're welcome." I dip him before I kiss him again. 

  "You're being good to me." He says as he kisses back. 

  I pull him up. "I'm always good to you." I say. 

  "You know what I mean though." He says as he pulls away from me. 

  "I do. You are perfect. I am glad to be marrying you." I state. 

  "I'm the lucky one. You are treating me like a king." He says. 

  "That's not a problem is it?" I ask. 

  "Of course not. I'm just getting used to it." He says. 

  "Get used to it because I'm going to keep treating you like that." I say. 

  "I'm grateful for that. I am going to be your husband. I know that our journey is just getting started." He kisses me. 

  I kiss back. "Yeah. We've been best friends for over a decade now. You're right that its just getting started." 

  My phone rings. "Hey Andy. What's going on?" 

  "You two have bachelor parties to prepare for. We're coming to get you soon." Andy says. 

  "Okay. Anything else we need to know?" I ask. 

   "Dress casual. Be comfortable. It's going to be a fun night." Andy says before hanging up. 

  I look at Patrick. "That was Andy." 

  "I'm assuming that was our warning?" He asks me. 

  "To get ready?" I say. "Yes. It was our warning." 

  "You sure you can be away from me for that long?" I tease as I get out of bed. We've spent most of today cuddling. 

  "Yes I can. It won't be too long." He says as he gets out of bed. 

  We start to get dressed for the night. I am a bit worried about what Andy has planned. He might go overboard. 

  There's a knock on the door. I answer it to see Joe and Andy standing there. "Let's go." Andy says to me. 

  I kiss Patrick. "I love you." 

  "I love you too." He kisses me back. 

  "You look ready to go." Joe says to Patrick. 

  I follow after Andy. "I'm a bit nervous about this." I tell my best man. 

  "You don't have to be." Andy assures me. 

  "I hope you're right." I say as I get in his car. I have no clue where we're going. I know it will be fun. I'll be surrounded by friends who I love a lot. They're my family. Always will be. I'm grateful for them. 

  Andy, Gabe, and Andrew are my groomsmen for the wedding. Andy and Gabe are two of my best friends in the world. Andrew is my younger brother. Our relationship is complicated. I'm glad he'll be part of my big day. 

  We have dinner and than go to a few 'party' places. Andy did a great job with planning tonight. 

  "Tonight was great." I say to Andy as he drops me off. 

  "I'm glad you think so. I should get you back to Patrick." Andy says. 

  "Yeah. Thank you." I hug him. 

 "You're welcome." Andy says. 

  I get back into my house. I go upstairs to see Patrick already in bed. "Petey!" Patrick kisses me. 

  "Some is chipper." I say, kissing him back. 

  "I might be slightly drunk." He states as he clings onto me. 

  "Oh? I didn't notice." I say. 

  He tugs on my shirt. "You're hot." 

  I gently take his hands in mine. "Thank you." I go to get him some water. 

   He downs the water. "I love you." 

  "I love you too. We should get to sleep." I say gently. 

  He sighs and nods. "Yeah. Goodnight Petey." A few seconds later he's fast asleep. 

   I change before pulling him into my arms. I soon drift off to sleep. 

  "Alright we should get ready then." He says. 

  "You sure you can be away from me for that long?" I tease as I get out of the bed. We've spent most of today cuddling.