Chapter 8

A/N

People, sorry about the last chapter. It's been a while since the last update. Hopefully I can get on to a somewhat normal update schedule. Thanks.

Percy POV

We ironed out the last of the rules for the race. As we toed the start line there it was.

Ready.

Set.

And.

Go.

Blackjack was quick into the air, but the Sun Chariot was faster. I watched as the sun chariot sped off into the distance. There was absolutely no way I was going to win this race.

Alex POV

"Apollo."

"Whatsup?" Apollo asked

"What are the Ancient Laws?" I questioned

"To put it simply, it's complicated. However, the best couple of words I would use to describe it are, extreme paranoia." Apollo responded

"What do you mean?" I inquired

"If I tell you this no one else is allowed to know, alright."

"Sure," I replied unsure

"If you thought that the Ancient Laws were some sort of an extreme law put in place by the fates then you were wrong. You see the Ancient Laws were created by Zeus many millennia ago. They simply state that no god is allowed to interact with a mortal more than twice. Now you probably don't know this, however at Camp Half-Blood the director, Dionysius was punished to that position. The story was completely fake. He never interacted with a dryad who was off limits. There was a mortal woman that completely stole his heart. He was interacting with her all of the time. When Zeus found out about this, he punished Dionysius to the Director of Camp Half-Blood."

We raced alone. Percy was fast however there was no shot of him catching us. We were so far in front that we couldn't even feel his aura. Which by the way is probably the strongest of all of the auras that I have ever felt.

Of course, just as this thought goes through my mind. Apollo encounters a problem. The sun is down.

"What's happening?" I ask

"No sun, no go," Apollo replies

I sigh with annoyment. As Apollo puts the sun chariot down in an open clearing in a forest. We sit in an awkward silence before we see Percy shooting across the sky on his Pegasus. I glance over to Apollo who is shaking his head with his arms crossed. Annoyed.

"We put the chariot down in Montana. The nighttime hours are shorter however the sun just went down so we should be stuck here for a few hours," says Apollo.

Percy POV

I have no idea where I am, but blackjack is normally pretty reliable. So, I didn't have any problem just letting him take me back to Mount Olympus.

I flew over forests, badlands, and all kinds of different biomes and environments. I passed through two cities. Chicago and Buffalo. The streets were mostly empty because of the time. However, after passing through the cities, I eventually ended up in New York. Blackjack flew me up to the top of Mount Olympus.

"Yo boss, you got any doughnuts?" I immediately panicked because were were sitting on Mount OIympus. I am very rarely here and do not know of any doughnut shops. So I decided to start looking around. After getting off of the main road I was walking through the palaces of the minor gods. After some more endless Zig Zagging, I ended up back on the main road.