Chapter 22

Percy POV

They seemed deep into a conversation. I assumed that they would be able to defend themselves if anything went wrong, so I just walked over to my tent. I unzipped it and walked in. Rezipping it, I flopped onto my bed, beginning to drift off myself.

I awoke with a start. I looked down at my watch, '04:21' started back at me. I groaned.

Swinging my legs off of my bed I grabbed Riptide and snapped my fingers, summoning myself some new clothes. I unzipped my tent, the birds chirps beckoned me to go outside.

Before long, I felt as if something was missing. Walking back into my tent in realization, I grabbed my bow and quiver, slinging the bow over my back as I walked back out the tent.

The smoldering remains of the fire were left there for me to tend to. Grabbing smaller pieces of wood, I was able to get the fire burning again. Sitting there watching the flames dance in the air made my stomach grumble.

I summoned myself a large hash brown. Munching on it as the sun peeked through the trees and over the mountain tops. Soon, the sound of a tent being unzipped filled the mostly empty forest. I looked over to see Artemis emerging from her tent.

I smile warmly at her, "How did you sleep?"

"I slept great!" She replied, walking over to sit next to me.

She sat down for a moment looking into the fire before she cautiously laid her head to rest on my shoulder. I was surprised for a moment. I reached across her shoulder placing my hand there pulling her closer to me.

"Percy," Artemis asked. Her voice seemed fragile almost,

"Yes?" I replied. She shivered in my arms. Even next to the warm campfire, she was cold.

"Can I have one?" She looked at my hash brown. It made sense, they were good and warm.

I summoned one for her. "Here you go. I need to go see my father today."

"Okay. Can you just be back before dark?" She took a bite of the hash brown and immediately warmed up.

I took my hand off of her shoulder. "Alright, I'll be back before you even know it." I also summoned her a blanket and draped it over her shoulders.

I flashed myself off to Atlantis. I hadn't been here many times before, but he was repairing his palace after the titan war. It looked great. I was looking for Tyson however.

I walked along the cobbled streets of Atlantis. People walked by like any other normal day. I took the streets around for a while, just trying to see how I could get to the palace. After more turns and even going in a few circles, I was able to find the palace. A few mermen were stationed at the front gate.

I walked up to them, "My lord," they bowed

"Don't bow to me," I commanded

"Of course my lord." They continued, opening the gate.

The grounds of Atlantis were beautiful. Coral formations were everywhere, footpaths were everywhere too. I however, took the paved path to the front of the palace.

3rd POV

Percy pushed the doors of the palace open. The interior had changed much since the repairs at the end of the titan war. Standing there, mouth agape he took in the beauty of the whole palace.

Pearls and white marble made up the walls, with a gold roof capping the building off. "Dad," he called out, Poseidon was sitting on his throne, staring off into space when Percy interrupted him from his musings.