Chapter 18

A/N How did yall like the last chapter? I doubt that this one will live up to the standard set by the last chapter, but you know the last chapter was kind of hard to compete with.

Artemis POV

I stared deep into his sea green orbs. They mesmerized me. My eyes closed and I leaned in. My lips brushed his.

Then I heard a voice in front of me. "Ahem... Am I interrupting something?"

"Oh no. Absolutely not." I started

"Yeah, I was helping her up..." Percy continued

"Sure milady. You were standing there for a while." Zoë objected.

At this point Percy had summoned his armor, looking at the helmet, as if there was something wrong with it. "She had something on her face..." Percy lied

"Like what?" Zoë asked

"Oh you know..." He replied trying to think of something

"Her lips?" She asked

I looked over to Percy who was flushed golden and I could tell that I wasn't much better.

"N–no, we d–didn't." Percy replied, defending himself

"Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me." Zoë said

"Zoë." I looked at her, eyebrows raised

"Okay, okay. I didn't see anything." Zoë finished, I addoned a triumphant smirk.

Zoë walked off as a few of the other hunters called her name. Percy looked over at me and he was flushed golden. "Sorry," He said. I took a step over to him, "Gotta go!" He flashed off.

I just shook my head. Was this feeling building in my stomach love? I couldn't decide. I just sat there for a second then I looked down at the tides. I had a thought. I flashed off to Athena

Percy POV

I offered my hand to Artemis. She took it and stood up. I stared into her silverey eyes. We closed our eyes leaning in. Our lips even touched for a moment. That was until a voice snapped us out of our musings.

"Ahem... Am I interrupting something?" Zoë called out

"Oh no. Absolutely not." Artemis said, taking a step back.

I whipped around, "yeah, I was helping her up." I lied through my teeth.

"Sure milady. You were standing there for a while," Zoë contradicted

I had summoned my armor and grabbed my helmet off. I was wiping off some grime. "There was something on her face," I replied, not looking up, knowing that she would see right through my lie.

"Like what?" She asked smugly

"Oh you know..." I trailed off

"Her lips?" She replied. I looked up, a triumphant smirk was plastered on her face

"N–no, we d–didn't," I started

"Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me." She replied. Her smirk beginning to widen

"Zoë," Artemis looked at her eyebrows raised.

"Okay, okay. I didn't see anything." She replied with the triumphant smirk being replaced with a look of defeat.

She walked off when some hunters beckoned her over. "Sorry." I looked over at Artemis, who was tinged with gold. "Gotta go." I said a cheeky smile laid across my lips.

I flashed myself to the arena.The last person in the arena was Apollo. He was muttering something about the ancient laws.

He looked up at me. "Percy, come sit." He beckoned, pointing to the empty bench next to him. "This war is different."