Chapter 19

Song to listen to while reading: The Only Hope for Me Is You by My Chemical Romance

Party Poison's POV:

"Party Poison," Toxic gasped, her voice filled with clarity for the first time since she came back.

"Whoa, what?" I said groggily, looking up at her.

"You're Party Poison."

"Yes. I believe we've been over this before," I laughed, not quite sure of where this conversation was going. It was almost three in the morning. I was tired and in need of sleep.

"No, you don't understand. You're Party Poison. The leader of the Fabulous Killjoys. The head rebel against BL/ind..." she began listing off other achievements and describing me until she finally ended with, "my boyfriend."

"What?" I asked, now fully alert. "Toxic, what do you remember?"

"It's not so much what I remember, but these feelings or emotions I have," she said, sounding thoroughly confused. "Happiness-real happiness, comfort, belonging, trust... Love?"

"Toxic..." I breathed, feeling both relieved and filled with happiness. She finally remembered, or was at least on the way to remembering me. "Can I try something?"

She shakily nodded, her big eyes showing that she was scared and confused about what was happening and how much it was to take in.

Slowly, I moved towards her, and lifted her head up with my index finger so that she was looking at me. I hesitantly leaned forward, my breath tickling her face. "Tell me to stop," I whispered.

When she gave no reply and instead shook her head, so I brought my lips to hers. It didn't work last time, but maybe it would help now. I slowly moved my lips in sync with hers. She was actually kissing back! Not just sitting there motionlessly. Longing and passion swirled inside the both of us; we had both been missing this for a while. The kiss seemed to bring her to life, and when we pulled apart there was a spark in her eyes that wasn't there before. She smiled, a real smile, and I interlocked our fingers. As she squeezed my hand, I looked up at her. "Toxic," I breathed. "You're coming back."

"Better Living Industries is headed by a man named Korse?" Toxic asked as I nodded. The five of us were sitting in a booth in the center of the diner bringing Toxic up to speed. She had remembered a little bit about me, but the rest of the boys and her past were still foreign to her. I felt pretty special to say the least. "That's kind of a weird name, isn't it?"

"Well my name is Fun Ghoul, so his isn't that weird when you think about it," Ghoul said, mocking offense.

"I guess you have a point there," she laughed. "But why are they so bad?"

"They basically wiped out half of the population, turned the other half into mindless zombies, and kidnapped you and drugged you, and you still haven't recovered fully. I'd say they're pretty messed up," Jet-Star explained.

"When you put it that way..."

"Keep that mentality. They are the enemy, and will stop at nothing to kill you," Kobra added.

Toxic nodded frantically. So we might have scared her a little bit, but this was vital information, and she'd figure it out eventually. "They're why I'm always so confused?"

"It's all because of them," I said.

"Okay, when can we take them down?" She asked eagerly.

"Whoa, calm down, Tox," I laughed. "First of all we need to make sure you're back to normal. Then we actually need to figure out how it looks from the inside, know where all the important offices and labs are-"