Nine

"Injuniee I'm here! And I brought my friend Yushi with me." Juyi exclaims once he had entered his older brother's cafe.
"Juyi, do you really have to announce it every single time you arrive." A sigh left Renjun's lips as all Juyi could do was grin.
"I actually have to get something that I left in the staff room first. Could you please look for an empty table for us. Pretty please." He asks as his older brother could just nod his head tiredly at him.

"Great! Come and accompany me Yushi." The seventeen year old taking a hold of Yushi's hands before dragging him to the back.

"Ok, this is the only place where there aren't a lot of people. I hope you could shoot your arrows from here." Juyi says once the two of them were far away from everyone.
"Hopefully I could. Thanks for helping me Ryo. I was a bit startled when your brother's name appeared on the database." Yushi replies as he summons his bow and arrow.

Ryo was the nickname that Juyi goes by when he's with his friends. That's also the name that he goes by as a Cupid.
Yushi and Juyi are Cupids. The history behind how they ended up becoming one is too long to narrate, but to keep it short; him and his group of friends had accidentally signed a contract to become a Cupid without realising. So now here they were, having to fulfill their duties.

Yushi had gotten a new mission and coincidentally, Renjun's name had appeared on it. So why not ask his younger brother for help.

"Shoot the arrows at my brother when he's not holding onto anything. The sudden jolt from being hit might cause him to make the plates or cups fall and shatter if he's holding onto anything." Juyi tells him, holding onto Yushi's hands that were already holding onto the bow and arrows, ready to shoot.

"Alright, you could do it now." He lets go of his hands once Renjun had placed everything down.

Thus Yushi released the first arrow. It hitting Renjun right at where his heart was located as it made him stop walking. He freezes for a few minutes as he tried to hold onto the pain. The older lad clutching onto his shirt as his body crouched over the table.

"Ouch what the fuck." Renjun curses.

"Who's the next target? I'm kind of curious who you're trying to match my brother with." Juyi asks as he could see Yushi concentrating on finding his next target.
"Found her. In the database, that woman over there, her name showed up next to his." His friend replied before releasing the next arrow.

Juyi watching as the arrows hits.... Lilith.
It can't be.
The next second, he could see the girl dropping her spoon as she bears the pain that the arrow had caused.

"How could that be..." Juyi mumbles in disbelief.
"How could what be?" His friend questions.
"Why did your arrows hit her and my brother. Isn't the role of the Cupids in your department meant to shoot these arrows to strengthen the bond of a couple. My brother hasn't been in a relationship for five years..." He says as Yushi furrows his brows at him.

"Ryo what are you on about? Your brother is still in a relationship with someone. He never broke up with her. Their bond together had just gotten weaker because it's been a long time since they've actually spent time together. If you don't believe me I have proof. I brought the document that was printed with me." Yushi explains before taking out a piece of paper from his bag.
"See. Although when I saw her, I was a bit weary at first because I didn't know if that was actually her or not since she seemed a bit different to how she looked like in the picture that was printed alongside the documents." He said and hands the document over to him.

Juyi reading the paper as his eyes widens. The document included a picture of his brother and Lilith. But she looked a bit different to how she looks like now. Under their pictures it says;

Huang Renjun + Xu Li Li

This revelation left him in aghast. The arrows were supposed to hit Lily, not Lilith. That is unless, Lilith is actually Lily and no one just knows about it.

"There you two are."
They heard Renjun call out as Juyi quickly hides the paper behind his back.
The two guys looking at the front to see Renjun staring at them as they flashed him a nervous smile.

"Juyi did you find what you were looking for?" Renjun asks him as Juyi quickly nods his head.
"Y-yeah. I found it!"
"Alright then. I found a seat for the two of you. Quickly sit there before another customer reserves it." He tells them as the two guys followed him out.

"I think I'm getting a grasp of the situation right now. But I'm going to go over to the headquarters and have a talk with Soren. Maybe he has more information about this. Thanks Yushi." Juyi whispers as he hands the paper back to Yushi.

The two guys still following Renjun as he leads them to their table.
They managed to walk past the table the Lilith was currently seated at. Juyi glancing down at her as he caught a glimpse of her opening a file that displayed an artwork on it before exiting the file.

He remembers that artwork, made by a specific someone from five years ago.

"Here's your table. Just call out for Hugo once the two of you want to take your orders." Renjun says as he leaves their table.
"Thanks gege!!" Juyi calls out before Renjun was gone.

As of now, Juyi was going to stay quiet about the matter. He'll let his older brother figure everything out with Lilith on his own.

"So Yushi what do you want to get." He asks his friend before smiling at him.