Seventeen

*triing~

A new customer had just entered the cafe as Renjun looks over at the front. He sees a woman who he'd never seen before. Tall, long black hair, formal uniform, and who wears a pair of glasses. She looked fierce.

The woman looked around the place as she tries to find someone. This of course weirding Renjun out. Is she not here to order anything? He questions.

Renjun was then alarmed when he sees her walking towards him. The lad standing straight as he looks at her with a bit of fear in his body.

"Do you know where Miss Lilith is?" She asks him. This only weirding him out even more.
He didn't say anything, a bit too perplexed to speak as his fingers pointed over at the table that Lily was seated at.
The woman then looks over before letting out a relieved sigh.

"Can I get one iced latte please, thanks." She says and slides the money over to him before walking over towards Lily.

"Ok... that was weird." He mumbles to himself before starting to work on her order.

"Miss Lilith."
The calling of her name made Lily look back as she was startled to see her manager behind her all of a sudden.

"Sage, what are you doing here in Korea?" Lily asks in confusion.
Her manager lets out a sigh before pulling out the chair in front of Lily and sitting down there.

"I came to check up, ON HOW YOUR NARRATION IS DOING!?! The head of the department is asking me when you'd be done with it!? Release day is soon and we need to get everything ready a month prior!" Sage replies in fury as it scared Lily.

Her manager could be scary at times. Especially when it came to deadlines. Lily could never hear the end of it.

"It's nearly done! I just need a few more days to finish it." Lily whines as Sage looks at her with that cold stern look. Not buying any more of her excuses.

"*sigh, Lilith I can't keep making excuses to the head of the department." Her manager says tiredly before taking her phone out and sending the head of departments a message, saying that Lily needed more time to finish with her narration.
"It better be done by the end of the week." Sage tells her as Lily smiles at her widely as she nods her head.

"Your iced latte." Renjun says as he places Sage's drink down on their table.
"Oh thank you!" Sage's emotions dying down when she sees her drink.

"Who is she? She just barged inside the cafe and asked me where you were." Renjun whispers to Lily. He wasn't sure if the woman understood Korean so he spoke to Lily in Chinese. Hopefully Lily didn't forget any of her Chinese whilst she was gone for five years.
"My manager Sage. She came here to hunt me down because of the deadline." Lily replies.

Sage when she hears the two of them whispering to each other, she looks up at them in suspicion. Raising a brow at the two of them. "What are you two whispering about?"

Hearing this, it made the two of them stop as they stared at her blankly.

"Oh, Renjun was just asking me who you were." Lily answers.
"Renjun?" Sage says. She feels as if she remembers Jieun saying that name to her before when she was explaining Lily's past.

"Yeah, oh I haven't introduced you two to each other yet! Sage this is Renjun, the owner of this cafe and as well as my boyfriend." Lily introduced them.

The word 'boyfriend' making both Renjun and Sage look at her with wide eyes.

"And Renjun this is my manager Sage." She ends their introduction there.
"It's nice to meet you Renjun." Sage greeted.
"The same goes for you."

"Well, sorry for interrupting your day Lilith. But I have to get going now. I've got a few errands to run." Sage bids her goodbye before leaving the cafe.

"Did.. did you just call me your boyfriend?" He says in disbelief.
Their relationship status together was unsure. That was why he was surprised when she called him her boyfriend.

"Yeah. We've never broken up, so you're still my boyfriend. Did you not think the same otherwise?" She says and looks over at him.
"No, no you're right. It's just that, we've just been acting like friends for the last few months, so I just assumed that we were starting over again from the beginning." He says.
"Oh, is that so. Well then, since you think that we're starting again. Renjun, do you want to be my boyfriend?" She asks him with such innocence.

He looks away in embarrassment as he covers his face to hide the blush that was emerging on his face.

"I have to get back to work." He says all of a sudden as it made her grin.
"Hey at least give me an answer Injun." Lily chanted as it made him stop walking.

"Yes. Now please I need to head back to work." He says bashfully before walking off.
She stares at him with a smile on her face. It was so fun making him blush, he looks so adorable.

I'll proof read it later, srry if there's any spelling/grammar mistakes 🥲