thirteen

TWO MONTHS LATER | JIEUN'S POV

"Is this Xu Lili's room?" Jieun asks the person who was guarding the hospital room.
They looked at her with a brow raised.

"Who are you and how do you know Miss Lilith's real name. What do you want with her." Lily's manager questions in agitation.

"I'm an investigator. I work with the Korean police force. Xu Lili's older brother privately asked me if I could investigate the whereabouts of his younger sister as Lily's family as well friends all think that she has died from the plane crash, the day of her supposed departure." Jieun explains as she shows the woman her badge as well as identification that confirms that she really did work for the police.

Lily's manager was taken aback by the sudden information. The woman had her eyes widen before she ushers Jieun to sit down so she could explain everything.

"How did you end up finding out that Miss Lilith was at this hospital." The manager asks as she pushes her glasses back.
"It was hard trying to locate her if I'm being honest here. But I tracked back to the publishing company that hosted the writing competition and flew here. Since Lily doesn't like going by her real name from what her brother had told me, I noticed that there was a rookie author that goes by the name Lilith and just put two and two together." She explains.

"Could you tell me how Lily ended up in the hospital? And why you didn't inform her family that she's actually still alive. They all think that she died you know. Well, all besides her older brother because he still cannot accept the fact that she's gone so he asked me to investigate her disappearance as her body wasn't found amongst the passengers who had died on the plane." Jieun asks the manager.

The woman lets out a defeated sigh.

"The day that she was supposed to go back to Korea, she got involved in a car crash on her way to the airport. The damage done was so bad that we had to immediately rush her to the hospital. Hence if she didn't get involved in the car accident she would've died on that damn plane!?! Maybe it was a miracle that she didn't get on that plane as she's still living and recovering now. I was going to inform her family beforehand but the next news I got from the doctors shocked me that I didn't dare to reach out to them." The manager tells her as it made Jieun furrow her brows at her.
"What news did the doctor say?" She asks.
"She got hit so bad in the head and her face was badly injured that she was diagnosed with Amnesia. She doesn't remember anything. Lily doesn't even remember her own name. The only thing that she remembers is her pen name Lilith. I felt bad if I told them that their daughter can't even remember who they are. I feel like fucking shit because I couldn't protect her, some kind of manager I am." She says whilst covering her face with her hands.

She felt like crying but nothing came out. No tears, no sob. She must have already used it all up in the previous month. She must have accepted defeat.

Jieun watches her in pity. She was never good at comforting people with her straightforward nature.

"I'll try to help her gain her memories back. I am given a mission after all by her brother. But although, I would need to keep flying back to Korea at times because I have a whole other job there and so nobody would find it suspicious." Jieun tells her as it made the manager look at her with a bit of hope in her eyes.
"Really?" She says not wanting to believe her.
Jieun hums in reply.
"But could you keep it a secret though from everyone there. You could tell them about it once she starts regaining some of her memories." The manager asks for a favour.
"Don't worry. The secrets safe with me."

✿   ❀   ❃   ❁

*knock knock

"Miss Lilith, someone is here to meet you."
Her manager knocks on the door before entering the room with a woman that Lily has never met.

She stares at the two of them in silence, not knowing what to say.

"Who's the girl that's with you Sage?" Lily asks as she continues to stare blankly at the girl that stood beside her manager. Well that's what the woman told her that she was. She said that she was her manager and it took Sage almost a month to gain her trust.
"She's your personal bodyguard. She's here to help you with retrieving your memories back." Sage replies as a hopeful look appears on Lily's face.
"Really!?" She says in disbelief as her manager nodded her head a yes.
"I'll leave the two of you alone for a while. I trust that you could take care of Miss Lilith whilst I go back home and change." Sage says as she looks down at Jieun with a brow raised.
"Don't worry ma'am she's safe with me." Jieun replies before the manager leaves the room.

Jieun took a chair and sat down beside Lilith's bed.

"What's your name?" Lily asks her.
"My name is Jieun. Park Jieun. I was sent here by your brother." She introduces herself.
"My brother? I have a brother?" Lily says as the girl beside her hums in reply.

She took her phone out before showing Lily a picture of a male.
"This is what your brother looks like. His name is Xu Minghao. He wanted me to find you because he really misses you a lot." Jieun tells her as Lily tries to remember.

She tried to remember hard but all she got was a headache.

"I'm sorry. I don't remember." The girl frowns.
"No worries. I'm not here to make you remember everything at once. It's going to take you a long time to regain every inch of your memory, and it's my job to help you along the way. It doesn't matter how long it takes or how many years it'll take you to get your memories back." Jieun smiles at her.

She was a very patient person, her not seeming to mind about Lily's current condition. As long as she can do her job properly then she doesn't mind how long it'll take Lily to get her memories back. Meaning that she can't leave Lily's side for the next four years. Lily's brother really did find the right person for the job.