ten

Bright Sunday afternoon. No that was an exaggeration. It was a gloomy Sunday afternoon actually, and Lilith was walking around with no destination in mind. She wanted to visit Renjun's café today but it was suddenly closed all of a sudden. It started to pour a bit of rain and she didn't bring an umbrella with her. The weather forecast said nothing about how depressing the weather would be. If they had informed that today would be raining then she would've brought an umbrella beforehand.

So here she was walking around. The girl about to pass the cemetery when she stops.
"Renjun? " She whispers. She was sure that she wasn't mistaken. That was Renjun who was sat down besides someone's gravestone as he held onto a bouquet of blue hyacinth.
Curiosity got the best of her as she slowly walks over towards his direction.

Renjun as if feeling like there was a presence near him, quickly looked up to see Lilith stood behind him.
He raised an eyebrow. A sign that meant, 'what are you doing here?'
"Sorry for being rude and invading your privacy. But I was walking around and found you here." She explains to him.
He didn't question why she wanted to approach him, but he was curious as to why she was just walking around the place.
"What were you doing walking around?"

Lilith sat down besides him as she frowns.
"I wanted to visit your café but found out that it was closed and then it started to pour and I'm all drenched because I didn't bring an umbrella with me." A sigh left her mouth as she explains her situation. He couldn't help but to let out a soft chuckle.
"Sorry for closing the café. I usually never close it on weekends but... today's a very important day so.." Renjun strays off as he gestures towards the flowers that he was holding and the gravestone.

"I understand."
"What made you want to get blue hyacinth flowers?" She asks him as he let's out a scoff.
"You know that I used to work as a florist right?" He asks almost sarcastically. "Yes I know that. Everyone knows that." Lilith threw him an annoyed look.
"Because they symbolise sorrow and regret. Someone told me that when I was new to all that flowery stuff. Its to show my regret for missing my grandmother's funeral last year. I didn't even visit her when she was sent to the hospital, hell I didn't even attend her funeral because I was freaking depressed and too busy mourning over the same person who's been gone for four years. I was too caught up in my feelings and I..."
His hands shook as he explains it to her. Renjun letting out a groan as he runs his fingers through his hair.
"I'm such a horrible person. It's been a year since her death and I haven't stopped feeling guilty ever since. God said, 'yes go loose your girlfriend and next your grandmother.' Making a total fool out of myself."

They were facing each other now as Lilith was able to see the look on frustration on his face.
"Renjun, I'm so sorry. I should've not asked." She said a bit skeptical. He sighs before laying his forehead down on her shoulders.
"I just feel so... lost and empty."

Rain started pouring harder as they just sat there in silence. Not caring if their clothes were getting drenched.
"Everyone keeps mentioning this girlfriend of yours that you used to have. What ever happened to her?" She asks him. It's been months and she was tired of always having to stop herself from asking him this question. Yet the answer that she recieved was not what she was expecting at all.

"Honestly I don't even know if she's still alive or if she's really gone. She was supposed to come back to Korea five years ago after spending a month overseas to publish her book, but then the plane that she was in got into an accident, and her body has not been found ever since." He told her the strings of tragic events that occurred.
A gasp left her mouth. "That's horrible."
Her response causing a bitter chuckle to leave his lips.

"And you want to know what's funny Lilith? She looks exactly just like you. Sometimes I want to believe that she's actually still alive whenever I see you, and it's driving me crazy." He laughs hysterically.
"You're crying." The girl pointed out as he touches his wet cheeks. If she wouldn't have pointed that out then he would've thought that it was just the rain that was falling down rapidly. But it was obvious by the way that his vision started to blur and his eyes started to sting.

"Am I? I can't remember the last time I've cried over Xu Lili."
There he said it.
Her name.
That name shattering Lilith's world into two pieces.

"Your girlfriend is Xu Lili?" Lilith asked. Making sure that she hadn't misheard him as it started thundering loudly.
"Yes. Why are you looking at me like you've just seen a ghost." He said as he tried to wipe his tears away.
"Because I'm Xu Lili." Her statement making his ears ring as his eyes widens.

"What... You're joking right?" He said in disbelief as he took a hold of both her shoulders.
"No I'm not. Lilith is my pen name because I don't want people knowing my real name. Five years ago I remember that I was on my way back home but I got into a car accident, making me miss my flight back home. I was treated and taken to the hospital and lost my memories. But I don't remember ever having a boyfriend." She explains.
"Try remembering harder! Please, Lily." He said in desperation, shaking her shoulders as more tears started to run down his delicate face.
"I'm sorry I can't. If I force myself to remember harder my head starts to- ouch*." Lili(th) holding onto her head as her usual headache starts to happen. A look of panic was quickly flushed through his face as he holds onto her gently.

"Hey Lily, are you ok?" He asks in concern as she gently nods.
"I hate getting these headaches whenever I'm trying to remember stuff." Lily says sadly as she looks at his face. Seeing him having a soft expression on his face as he stares down at her.
"What have you remembered?" Renjun spoke softly.
"I remember my parents, my brother, my close friends. I remember Lia and the three Choi's. I remember that I used to work as a florist as well. That's all that I could recall."

A long and heavy sigh escaped his lips.
"You remembered everything but the memories with me. *haha god must really hate me." Renjun shaking his head as she could just watch in sorrow and despair.
"I'll try to remember you, Renjun. I'll try my best too." She tells him, clutching his hand with such eagerness.

"Don't force yourself too. You'll end up getting a worser concussion." A smile so faint on his face as it exposes the pain behind it.
"Let's get you somewhere warm. You're going to end up catching a cold if we stay out in this rain." He took a hold of her hands and helped her stand up.
"You're going to catch a cold as well." Lily says faintly.
"I don't get sick that easily, unlike a certain someone." Renjun staring at her with such smug as she frowns.
"Whatever, why did I even bother."