twelve

FLASHBACK | *5 years ago

"Yes Injun I'm coming back home today. I better see you when I arrive at the airport." Lily states over the phone as she talks to her sulky boyfriend.

"Who do you take me for? Of course I'd be at the airport when you arrive. Seriously though Lily, you did not need a whole month away from me. One month felt like an eternity." Renjun whines from the other side of the line. His constant whining making her laugh.

"Geez you're always being so dramatic and for what Renjun. How about this, once I arrive, I'll give you the physical copy of my very first book! It isn't out for the public yet so you could be the very first person on this planet to get your hands on one. I'd even sign it for you." She says whilst grinning to herself. Well knowing that he won't even see that grin of hers.

"Ugh why am I even dating a nerd."
"Bookworm!"
"Nerd."
"Ok whatever, call me whatever, I don't care!" She fumes as she could hear him chuckling the next second.

"I guess I could accept it. My girlfriend did write it with her whole heart and soul after all. I'll force myself to read it, even though reading bores me to death but I'll read whatever you write." He says as it manages to make her blush.

"Miss Lilith the car is ready to take you to the airport." Her manager interrupts her as she nods her head in understanding.

"I have to get going now Injun. The drivers ready." Lily tells him.

"Alright then. Safe travels Lily. Tell me once you're about to board!" He says.

"Yes, yes. I'll hang up now. Bye Renjun."
And with that she hung up the call.

Lily then leaves the lobby of her apartment before going inside the car.

"Can't believe a whole month has passed by already miss Lilith." The driver stated as she smiles at him faintly.
"It flew by really fast hasn't it." She replies before staring out the window.

She goes by Lilith outside. The publishing agency said that her name Lili wasn't English enough. Even though she said that she goes by Lily and that's a pretty common English name but they said that it was far too generic if she used that as her author name. So they made her go by Lilith, by adding the extra 'th' to her actual name. Lily didn't mind it though because she didn't want people knowing her identity so she just agreed with it.

The car stops at a red light.

Lily still had three more hours left before her flight so she wasn't really panicking.

"Traffic has been so bad these days." The driver lets out a sigh as he waits for the traffic lights to change colour. Tapping his fingers on the steering wheel as he waited.
"People really do not know how to drive safely." Lily replies.

The colour then turns green as the driver starts to drive.
Lily was still staring out the window. She could see a car drive by the red light on the other lane. Her seeming unfazed by it until she realises that it was heading towards her direction. The car driving with such speed that she didn't even have a second to scream as in a blink of an eye the car had crushed into theirs.