fourteen

FOUR YEARS LATER

"I can't believe that we're back in Korea. It's been so long, it feels like it's my first time back here." Lily says once the two of them had arrived in Korea.
"You haven't been back here in five years, so I don't blame you." Jieun replies before she opens the taxi door and ushers Lily to get in.

"Why do I feel kind of nervous to meet my family." Lily stated as she couldn't sit still in her seat.
"Probably agitated because they're going to pull you into a bone crushing hug, yeah." Her friend teases as it made Lily frown knowing that she was right.
"My brother is going to flood the whole house with his tears."

Lily had regained the majority of her memories back in the last four years, all thanks to Jieun's help and patience. But she still felt as if something was missing. Like one part of her memories was locked up and she couldn't get a peak of it. It felt like a part of her was missing but she just can't seem to remember.

"Do you want me to call you by Lily or Lilith here?" Jieun asks her all of a sudden as Lily looks over at her.
"Lilith for now. I got used to the name, it feels weird if people just started calling me Lily all of a sudden." She replies before scrunching her nose.

"Oh by the way, could we make a small stop at my favourite cafe first before we head over to your parent's place. This jet lag is so bad I need my daily dose of caffeine." Jia says as Lily could just nod her head in agreement.
"What's the cafe called?" She asks in curiosity.

"Lys Cafe. A friend of Jaemin owns it."
"Doesn't Lys mean Lily in French?" Lily questions.
"Yes it does." Jieun replies with a grin on her face when Lily had noticed that.
"That's such a cute name for a cafe." The girl cheers
"The owner must really like Lilies." Jieun mumbles before shrugging.

Or he must have named the cafe after her because he misses her and that was the place where they first met. Jieun says to herself.

✿ ❀ ❃ ❁

"Jieun now I remember why that Renjun guy seemed so familiar!" Lily says as they were both now back in the car after getting their drinks from Renjun's cafe.
"Hmm, and the reason is?" Jieun asks as she sips on her iced Americano.
"I met him before. On our trip to Japan last year when we met up with Sena and Jia. Remember when I was late to meet with the rest of you girls? Because I got lost. When I was walking through the Shibuya crossing, I walked past a guy who looked just like Renjun. I'm sure that it was him that day." Lily stated.

Jieun furrows her brows as she thought about it. Last year Renjun did come along to the trip with his friends when they were both in Japan. So there was a huge chance that they might meet.

"Maybe it was him. We live in a small world after-all."

*end of flashback