Chapter four: Survival/Encountering a Hammerhead Titanothere

Y/N's POV / Third Person POV

(Y/N managed to regain his strength and got to his feet, his armor half-damaged but still functional.)

Y/N: Eve, are you there?

Eve: Yes, Y/N.

Y/N: My armor status. I need to know what I'm dealing with.

(Eve scanned his armor. To her surprise, the damage wasn't as severe as expected.)

Eve: Sensors indicate that during the fall you sustained a few injuries, but you should be able to move well, correct?

Y/N: Yes, I can manage. What about my weapons?

Eve: Scanning... Your SMG is in good condition, but your Assault Rifle is badly damaged; the muzzle is dented. The Battle Rifle has the same results, with the scope being badly damaged.

Y/N: I'll remove the scope then. I can manage with my survival skills. Keep my motion tracker in check.

Eve: Sure thing.

(Y/N removed the damaged scope from his Battle Rifle and placed it in his pocket. Now ready to face whatever came his way, he continued.)

Y/N: Eve, detect any movement ahead. Let me know if it's the RDA or Insurrectionists.

Eve: Okay.

(As Y/N and his AI companion ventured deeper into the jungle, Eve suddenly detected movement ahead.)

Eve: Y/N... I'm detecting movement coming towards us.

Y/N: Status?

Eve: Checking... It's a group of Insurrectionists and RDA troopers. Get ready.

Y/N: I've been ready for this.

(Y/N activated his camouflage and hid in the bushes as the patrol approached. As the Insurrectionists and RDA troopers moved forward, they were unaware of his presence, Y/N swiftly grabbed one of the troopers, pulling him into the bushes and slicing his throat. He then jumped to the next one and stabbed him in the back. As the two remaining troopers continued walking, oblivious to the danger, Y/N pulled out his suppressed SMG and opened fire, taking them down.)

Eve: That was close.

Y/N: Sure was. One of them is an ODST.

As Y/N was about to inspect the ODST trooper he had shot, he accidentally touched a helicoradian.

Y/N: Whoa... (He touched another one.) This is incredible. (As he touched multiple of them, a Hammerhead Titanothere emerged.)

Y/N: Holy mother!

(Y/N pulled out his Battle Rifle and aimed at the creature's head, his finger hovering close to the trigger. Before he could fire, Eve intervened.)

Eve: Y/N, stand down!

Y/N: He looks angry right now, Eve! (His finger twitched on the trigger.) I'm going to open fire!

Eve: Y/N, NO! Hold your ground. Don't run, or he'll charge at you, and it'll make things worse.

Y/N: What do you want me to do, dance with it or something?

Eve: Stand down. Its armor is too thick to penetrate with a shot.

(Y/N slowly approached the beast, moving gently. The creature viewed him as a threat, but before it could charge at him like a Rhino, Y/N slung his weapon behind his back and carefully reached out his hand towards its face.)

Eve: Easy there, Y/N. These animals are unlike any on Earth.

Y/N: Yeah? Well, he looks like a half-elephant with a hammerhead's face and all. (He chuckled softly petting the beast's head. The beast remained calm for a moment, then knelt beside him.)That's a good Pandorian animal, don't worry I'm not here to hurt you and all.

Eve: I'm very impressed with your skills, Y/N.

Y/N: Thanks.