12

"The old Survey Corps HQ. " Olou reminisced. "Originally, it was an old castle we remodeled. So it certainly looks imposing. But being so far from the rivers and walls, it ended up being useless for the Survey Corps. It was established right after the Survey Corps formation, when ideals were all they had. But I never imagined that this giant ornament would end up being the perfect place to hide you." 

Eren turned around to look at Levi, who only glared back. 

"Don't get cocky, new kid."  Olou leaned in close.

"Sir?" Eren questioned.

"I don't care if you're a Titan." Olou whispered. "I can't believe Captain Levi will spend all his time with a brat like you..."

Sakura and Levi shared a smirk as Olou's horse stepped on a rock, causing him to bite on his tongue, with blood spewing out.

Levi had requested that Sakura come with the group until she and the other cadets were able to choose which branch they would choose.

Levi just wanted to make sure that Sakura would be safe. He didn't like how much of this cruel world she had seen in only a few days.

"You have the stables." Levi told his daughter.

Sakura nodded, grinning. She loved being around animals of all kinds, a trait she had gotten from her mom. 

"It's no wonder you bit your tongue, talking up a storm while riding a horse!" Petra scolded.

"First impressions are important." Olou replied. "The new kid almost pissed his pants."

"I think he was just surprised by how dumb you are." Petra teased.

"Either way, my plan worked." Olou smiled proudly.

"You didn't always talk like that, did you?" Petra asked. "If...If you're seriously doing it to imitate Captain Levi, please stop. You aren't like him in the slightest."

"Trying to bind my hands, Petra?" Olou smirked. "You haven't followed all the necessary steps to become my wife."

"I wish you'd bitten through your tongue and died." Petra told him. "Going on and on about how many Titans you've killed."

Sakura smirked at the conversation she heard as she brought her horse, Yuki, into the stable, Riza right on her heels.

"Don't worry, boy." Sakura whispered to her horse, rubbing his forehead. "I'll put your stuff away and then I get to clean the stables until not a speck of dust is left."

Sakura giggled as Yuki placed his head on top of hers. 

"Okay, okay. Let me get to work." Sakura giggled, grabbing a broom, humming to herself as she swept the dust off of the cobblestone floors.

Sakura was so engrossed in cleaning, she didn't notice that the sun had gone down until she saw Riza fast asleep against the small door of Yuki's stall.

"Come on, Riza, let's go inside." Sakura smiled. "Goodnight, Yuki."

Together, human and wolf roamed the halls of the castle until she had made it to the dining area where she silently crept in, sitting in the empty seat beside her dad, who had saved her a cup of tea.

"Is it true, Captain?" Petra asked.

"Making plans isn't my job." Levi replied. "But knowing Erwin, he has more on his mind than we could imagine."

What's going on, Dad?

Talking about new recruits, if we get any.

I'm sure we will.