6

"Mikasa? Sakura?" 

Mikasa and Sakura ran onto the rooftops where soldiers were standing, waiting for death to come.

"I thought you guys were in the rearguard."

The two ignored the comment, running up to Annie, Berthold, Reiner, and Marco.

Berthold immediately enveloped Sakura in a hug as Reiner scanned the girl for any injuries, a relieved sigh escaping his lips when he saw her. 

"Annie!" Mikasa called out. "I have a basic idea of what's happening. And I'm sorry to involve my personal feelings, but did you see Eren's team?" 

"I didn't see them, but no one's made it up the walls." Annie answered. 

"Actually, Armin's over there." Reiner jabbed his thumb in Armin's direction. 

Sakura's eyes trailed onto Armin, who was sitting against a wall, head down. 

"Armin!" Mikasa called, rushing over to him. "Armin, are you hurt? Are you okay? Where is Eren? Armin?" 

Armin threw his head up, tears streaming down his face. 

"The members of Trainee Corps team 34, Thomas Wagner, Nack Tias, Milius Zermusky, Mina Karolina, Eren Jaeger!" Armin's voice trembled as he spoke. "These five died valiantly in the line of duty!

Sakura bit her lip as Reiner placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Team 34 was almost wiped out, then?"

"If we try to face the Titans, the same will happen to us."

"I'm sorry, Mikasa." Armin apologized. "Eren, he sacrificed himself for me. I...I couldn't do anything! I'm sorry."

"Armin, calm down." Mikasa told him. "This isn't the time to get emotional. Now stand up. Marco, if we eliminate the Titans swarming HQ, then we can refuel and climb the walls. Isn't that right?"

"That's right, but even with you and Sakura here, there are too many." Marco answered.

"We can do it." Mikasa confidently announced. "We are strong. Stronger than you guys. Very strong. Therefore, we can defeat those Titans! Even if it's just us two. You are not only weak, but you are spineless cowards. I am disappointed in you. Just stay here. Stay here and watch."

"Hey, Mikasa! What are you saying?"

"You're going to fight all those Titans by yourself?

"Not by herself." Sakura spoke up. "But with me."

"There's no way you can do that!"

"If we can't, we'll die." 

Mikasa turned around as Sakura jumped off the roof.

"But if we win, we'll live."

□□□
As the titans came, and the soldiers slayed them, the sky grew dark and grey.

Mikasa and Sakura had both been placed in the rear guard due to their immense skill in fighting the titans.

The two flew together, passing the rear guard who was trying to stop an abnormal titan.

As Sakura cut off its right leg, Mikasa was able to cut the back of the neck.

Together, the two landed, overlooking the crowd that was gathered at the exit, a wagon covering the hole.

"What...are you doing?" Mikasa questioned.

"Oh, peerfect timing." A man cheered. "Hey you two, make these people help me out! I'll reward you handsomely."