Ice cream (Bradly POV)

After class me and Max are off campus getting some ice cream together. "One cone of double scoop vanilla with rainbow sprinkles" max orders for the both of us to share. "Gay.." I whisper, but he still hears me. "What did you say Bradley, let's not forget about last night" he says winking at me. "OH- GOD MAX." I say grinding my teeth "WE ARE IN PUBLIC" I say as my face goes red. "I know cutie" he goes to kiss me but then I hear my football buddies laughing from outside the ice cream parlor. I quickly shove him away. "Hey what the hell bra-" I cut him off. "Shh- they don't know I'm gay- they don't even know I'm hanging out with you. Just act cool. I'll introduce you" I say shaking. I don't want to be outed. I watch my friend Jake and the rest of the team walk in to the parlor. He quickly noticed me and Max. "HEYYY BRADD MY GUY.. HOW ARE YOU" he says giving me a hard slap on the back. "AND WHOS THIS TWINKIE" he says pointing to max, holding the colorful ice cream cone. "Oh that's uh-" max looks at me longingly, hoping I don't say anything stupid. "That's- my roommate max. He's dorming with me. He's just a freshman so I wanted to show him the cool food spots around here" I say letting out a sigh of relief. "Ahh- I see. Does he do any sports or anything" he asks curiously, looking down at shy max. "Uh no- but he skateboards and he likes to do the occasional smoke" I say nervously. "Ah nice.." Jake's says sarcastically and then laughs to his friends. I feel like we are both being judged. I hear Jake insulting max from behind me and I guess he hears it too because he hands me the ice cream cone and runs into the bathroom with tears in his eyes. "Oh- max- wait.." I say trying to grab his shirt as he runs off but it's no use. I sigh "ugh jake why can't you just be nice. Just because you're tough and older than him doesn't mean you can treat him that way" I say frustrated. "Oh Brad I've never heard you defend anyone like this before... you couldn't be GAY for him are you??!!" He says laughing and punches me in the shoulder. "What- I- no. He's just a friend" I say, my face red. "Sureeee" he says laughing to his friends again with some slurs muttered under his breath. "That's it- I'm going to see if he's ok." I say as I storm off into the men's bathroom, hearing laughter behind me. "Max honey, are you in here" I say, worried. "Yes.." he says sniffing from the big stall at the corner of the bathroom. He unlocks the bathroom stall and lets me in. he's sitting on his skateboard, laid out on the floor. "Are you ok max. I'm sorry they are so rude to you. They just don't understand your more sensitive than other guys" I say drying the tears off his face. "Yes it's just- kids in high school used to make fun of me JUST like that- and I- I thought it was over since we are in college. But I- I guess not.." he says in between sniffs. "Max your- your the coolest person I've ever met ya know that? I hope you do" I say looking into beautiful brown eyes. "Brad I- that's so sweet" he says tearing up. I grab his face "oh honey don't cry. Have some ice cream" I say holding the ice cream up to his mouth and letting him lick the sprinkles and vanilla. "Let's get out of here.." I say dragging max out of the bathroom and out of the ice cream parlor. "I'll talk to them later about how they treat you. You DO NOT need to be treated so wrongly" I say giving him a soft kiss on his forehead. We slowly walk towards the dorms.