Chapter 7 - Vexes

The image of the warden in the admin's base gets passed onto none other than Scar. Scar's working on the flowers in Scarland, making sure that every single one of them looks perfect, colourful and bright, with the best care imaginable. He has a lot more flowers to plant, yes, but that doesn't stop him from taking care of the ones that are already sprouting from the ground, looking beautiful as ever, or they just started to grow. Scar loves taking care of gardens, flowers, just plants in general, hence his love for terraforming and modifying seeds to grow into custom trees that he thinks are aesthetically pleasing to look at, even if it takes an incredible amount of time for them to grow, and the sometimes don't even do that at all. All and all, the vexling loves to do some gardening everyday, at least for a little while.

He's taking a break from gardening, taking care of his flowers and plants, pulling out his communicator, wanting to look at some pictures and check his messages. And there it is. The unexpected message from Etho. Scar and Etho don't talk to each other too much, or message each other, but it is nice to see the kitsune send something over to the vexling.

That excitement and happiness is, however, quickly disrupted by shock and surprise. Scar's reaction to the imageis exactly that. It.. is a strange picture. The same one that Bdubs and Etho both saw earlier before it was passed onto him. The picture stirs a feeling of confusion in the vexling's head, though, unlike his friends, it is not swirling in a circle of fear. The feeling that is in the company of Scar's confusion is sympathy almost. He doesn't know why he is feeling sympathy to this.. creature. This warden. Scar just sighs at the picture, he got reminded of the time he was new on the server.

Being a vexling, Scar knew what it was being a monster in a world that he wasn't used to. At first it's terrifying, how everything is different, how everything is more.. colourful. How beautiful the world around you can be, when you're so new to everything. How enchanting it is to see the flowers bloom and the trees grow their leaves after a cold winter over and over again, how the cycle repeats seasonally. How great it is to have company. Scar was new to everything at some point, when he was summoned by an evoker in a raid, he saw everything for the first time, and already he was made to fight. Even if he didn't want to. He was too amazed with the village, the animals and the people that he was supposed to kill. So he wasn't going to if he didn't want to. There were other vexlings that could kill and had no problem with it. And so, in the head of the moment, Scar flew away from the battle, deep into a forest where he was sure no one resided, yet still the hermits managed to capture him admiring a blooming flower.

So Scar knows how it feels to a new being in the hermitcraft world. He wonders if the warden in the picture can even speak, or make any noises. The vexling has only heard stories of the ancient city, never stepping a foot in it himself out of the fear of losing his resources and tools, knowing that he would most likely never retrieve them from that damn place. The bricks in the underground would probably shatter or turn out to be shallow if Scar were to fall on them, let alone all the blocks that he carried with himself, or Goat forbid his shulkerboxes would fall and open, spilling everything he once had inside.. or at least that's what he tells Grian whenever he asks him to go. Sure, the vexling could gather the resources after, make new tools, get shulkerboxes full of new stuff or set his spawn in a bed near the ancient city so that he could return and get his stuff back, which would probably end up like a cycle of dying over and over. And he doesn't quite fancy doing that at all.

Speaking of Grian, since he is slightly interested in ancient cities and sculk and whatnot, Scar decides to message him about the picture that Etho sent him. The vesling is not too good with talking over text to someone, especially since he sometimes seems dry when chatting, from what others have told him, also making a lot of typing mistakes doesn't help this case at all. So he types out a message in an energetic way, telling him to come over to help him out with the giant heart-shaped flower field that is in Scarland, his massive project that he's so proud of. To his surprise, almost right after sending the message to Grian, he sees it and replies that he'll be there and then-

The vexling feels something heavy on his shoulders, making him slightly tip back a bit, immediately recognizing that it's Grian perching on his shoulders, landing flawlessly as he always does. The avian chuckles as he hops off of his friend's shoulders standing in front of him with a grin. "Did that startle you?" Grian asks him, tilting his head, flapping his wings a bit to ruffle them up and set the straight like they were before. "No, not really, Gri. Your little surprise trick doesn't work anymore!" Scar replies in an almost sing song voice, looking happily at the avian before him, mostly at his wings. They were a beautiful a light brown to a cream colour hue, going through all the shades of orange for those two colours to meet, having a few darker brown and small splotches here and there at the top of his wings. The vexling knows that Grian would never tell him what bird's wing they are, but they always reminded him of a barn owl, always beautiful and full.

"Sooooo, why did you call me to come over? Did you miss me?" Grian says jokingly, chuckling slightly at Scar. "Yeah OBVIOUSLY i did.. no, but i have something i thought you would like!"

(1035 words, excluding A/N)

Heyyyyyy! Long time no see, eh? Yeah sorry about that, i got hit with art block AND  writers block both at once, but i won a battle, das right, i'm strororong. Hope you liked this chapter, i know it's very ramble-y, but that's just how it is with me.. buh bye!! ~Virty