Swords

Time passed and Steve trained swordsmanship with his mother everyday.

At the start, training was like hell. Every muscle of his body hurt so much.

His mother forced him to run for hours to improve his endurance, to exercise to strengthen his muscles, and to swing a short sword to improve his posture.

The first days, he only had to swing it ten times, but those ten times just kept increasing by each passing day.

"I'm just two and a half years old!", complained Steve in his head.

He was already able to talk, but he endured the training and didn't complain because he wanted to teleport like his mother.

"It's basically magic", he thought.

Steve realized that he could speed up the development of his body by enhancing it with aura.

After a month, training seemed easier. His body felt lighter and he was the second fastest in town, obviously after his mother. He was very satisfied by how fast and strong he became.

"Mom, I want my training to be harder", he said to his mother.

"Really? You surely learn fast", she said. "Now your training will be double, and on top of that, you will sparr with me".

Steve smiled and happily said that he was okay with that. He hated sports in his previous life. The only exercise Steve liked was kendo. He loved swords so much that he always sparred with Louis, who also liked swordsmanship, when they had time.

Even if his training was double the amount, he didn't find it much harder. The only really difficult thing were the sparring sessions with his mother.

Everyday, at mid-day, he sparred with his mother in the park of his village.

At first, only those two were there, but as days passed, a crowd started forming around them, growing bigger everyday, until it became a habit of the village to watch them sparring.

And like that, days passed, and Steve didn't win a single time, but he put a better fight each time.

Everyday, at fiveteen o clock, (the day had thirty hours) they met after Steve's training to sparr, with Steve already being three years old.

"This time I bet for 'the lightning'. I know she will win", said a middle-aged man referring to Kappanelle. He was Pulen's father.

"I know that Shinto will win this time", said a little kid enthusiastically looking at them sparring. He was a three year old.

"You mean the 'crimson thunder'?", asked the man.

"Why do you call Shinto like that?", asked a little girl. She had the same age as Steve.

"We call him 'crimson thunder' because of his unique crimson eyes and due to him being the son of Kappanele. 'The lighning' was her alias when she was an adventurer.", explained another middle-aged man. He was really good friends with Pulen's father..

All of this happened while Steve and his mother were sparring.

"I will win this time!", shouted Steve to his mother, swinging his sword to be able to hit her.

"I won't let you win!", said his mother enthusiastically while blocking each attack from his son.

Steve launched a barrage of attacks to his mother, attacks she easily dodged and blocked.

He kept charging with all he had, but his mother was too fast.

She didn't even flinch.

Then, out of nowhere, Steve teleported behind her and pointed his sword at her neck.