New Home

"Mom, is he gonna wake up?", the black eyed teen asked.

"Of course, Yorokobu", the old woman answered with her rough voice.

"Yorokobu!? That's a weird name", thought Steve with his eyes closed.

"Hey Takobu, try waking him up", the black eyed asked.

"Takobu? That literaly means 'other kobu'. Hearing Naiko doing homework really helped. Well, I will call them 'the kobu brothers'", Steve thought, still closing his eyes so they didn't notice.

"Why always me!?", the brown eyed complained.

"Hey kid, I know you are awake, so open your eyes", the woman said.

"Ok, so you will ignore me!", Takobu shouted waving his arms to catch the attention of his mother.

Then Steve sat down and asked: "What do you want from me?". "I won't be a pet", he added.

The woman laughed out loud and tried to calm herself. Then she looked at Steve straight into the eyes and said: "Do you want to escape? Because we do. So you will, want it or not, help us to escape the dungeon".

Steve crossed his arms and said that he wasn't going to help, to what the woman answered: "What, didn't you have a family you didn't want to leave?", mocking him.

"You heard that?", Steve asked embarrased.

"Everyone did", the woman pointed out.

"Oh. Ok, I will help", Steve murmured after staying silent for a minute.

"What? I can't hear you", she said.

"I SAID THAT I WILL HELP!", Steve shouted trying to get this conversation over. Steve's words echoed in the cave, making the woman and the two teens worry.

Then, a strange rumble started to be heard by them, getting louder by each passing second.

"What's happening?", asked Steve, but neither the woman nor the two kids answered.

"Get your knives", ordered the woman to the two teens, followed by them grabbing the knives and got themselves ready for a battle.

Steve didn't know what exactly was happening, but he unsheathed his sword getting ready for a fight.

"Is it for the noise? I'm sorry", said Steve to what the woman answered that it was too late for apologizing.

Even if Steve was frustrated for everything that had happened, he was a bit excited to fight monsters for the first time.

In the distance, they saw how a crowd of some weird beings were approaching them. Those were little green guys with big noses and ears. They were so small that they were just a bit higher than Steve, a three year old. Steve recognized them. Those were goblins.

"I have seen some of those in manga. This should be easy", Steve thought. Then, holding his sword with his both hands, he dashed towards the crowd of goblins.

"Wait, I was gonna explain you something!", shouted the woman, but Steve didn't care and just kept running.

"Do we go with him?", asked Takobu receiving an affirmative answer from his mother.

After she answered, the kobu brothers rushed to follow Steve catching up to him instantly.

They absolutely obliterate them. Steve cut their heads for an insta kill, with blood spilling in his clothes and his face. The two kids were faster than him, getting to kill more goblins than him.

After five minutes of fighting Steve started tasting something weird in his mouth. It was something really sweet, sweeter than chocolate, sweeter than a cake, sweeter the most sweet thing Steve had ever eaten in his life.