CHAPTER 13

DAEMON'S EYES fluttered open, his heart racing as he sat up in bed

DAEMON'S EYES fluttered open, his heart racing as he sat up in bed. He was drenched in sweat, his sheets tangled around his legs. The memory of the dream still lingered, vivid and unsettling.

In the dream, he had seen a woman with silver hair, her face twisted in a mixture of anger and desperation. She had been screaming at him, her voice echoing in his mind.

"You always make a mess, Daemon! I'm always cleaning up after you! You're so careless, so reckless! I have to fix everything you break!"

Daemon's skin crawled as he recalled the dream. He didn't recognize the woman, but her words had struck a chord deep within him. He felt a sense of shame and guilt, as if he had indeed been making mistakes and relying on others to fix them.

He threw off the covers and got out of bed, pacing around his room in an attempt to shake off the lingering fear. But the dream had left him with a sense of unease, a feeling that he was somehow failing or disappointing someone.

As he walked, his mind began to wander. Who was the woman with silver hair? Was she a manifestation of his own guilt and self-doubt? Or was she a warning, a sign that he needed to change his ways?

Daemon stopped pacing and looked around his room, feeling a sense of disorientation. He didn't like the feeling of being haunted by his own subconscious. He needed to shake off the dream and focus on the present.

But as he turned to get dressed, he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. For a moment, he thought he saw a flash of silver hair, a fleeting image that vanished as quickly as it appeared.

Daemon walked down the dark hallway, his footsteps echoing off the stone walls. He couldn't shake off the feeling of unease that had been plaguing him since the dream. The woman's words still lingered in his mind, making him feel like he was drowning in a sea of guilt and shame.

He turned a corner, and his eyes fell upon a door that was slightly ajar. Without thinking, he pushed it open and stepped inside. The room was abandoned, the furniture covered in dust and cobwebs. But Daemon didn't care. He just needed a place to escape, to let out the emotions that were suffocating him.

As soon as the door closed behind him, Daemon let out a loud scream. He sank to the floor, his body shaking with sobs. The dream had unleashed a torrent of emotions, and he couldn't hold them back anymore.

Just as he was losing himself in his tears, he heard the door creak open. Daemon looked up, his vision blurry, and saw Maelor standing in the doorway. Maelor's eyes scanned the room, his face twisted in a mixture of panic and anger.

"Who did this to you?" Maelor growled, his fists clenched at his sides. "I'll kill them, Daemon. I'll kill them for making you cry."

Daemon's sobs subsided, and he reached out a shaking hand. "Maelor," he whispered, his voice cracking.