CHAPTER 17

THE CHAMBERS OF MAELOR was filled with a sense of relief and joy as Maelor gathered his family around him

THE CHAMBERS OF MAELOR was filled with a sense of relief and joy as Maelor gathered his family around him. Rhaenys, his sister, sat beside her husband Corlys, their faces expectant, knowing that this moment was long overdue. Aemma, Daemon's sister, stood opposite Maelor, a warm smile on her face, happy to see her brother finally taking a step towards happiness.

As Maelor began to speak, the room fell silent, the only sound the crackling of the fire in the hearth. "My dear family, I have called you all here today to ask for your blessing on a matter of great importance to me." He paused, his eyes locking onto Daemon's, his voice filled with emotion. "I want to ask Daemon to marry me."

The room erupted into a collective sigh of relief, followed by cheers and applause. Rhaenys and Corlys exchanged a knowing glance, both thinking "finally, no more lovesick speeches!" Aemma's eyes shone with tears of joy, happy to see her brother and Maelor finally acknowledging their feelings for each other.

Rhaenys was the first to speak, her voice filled with warmth and a hint of teasing. "Oh, Maelor, dear brother, it's about time! We've all known how you two feel about each other for ages. And honestly, we're all relieved that we don't have to hear another one of your lovesick speeches."

Corlys chuckled, his eyes twinkling with amusement. "Indeed, Maelor. You've been waxing poetic about Daemon for months now. We're all happy to see you finally taking action."

Aemma's voice was filled with laughter. "I'm just happy to see my brother finally happy. And I have to say, I'm a bit relieved that I don't have to listen to Maelor's dramatic declarations of love anymore."

As Maelor turned to Daemon, the room seemed to hold its breath once more. The air was electric with anticipation as Maelor held out the small box, the Valyrian steel ruby ring glinting in the firelight. Daemon's eyes widened, his face pale with emotion, as he took the box from Maelor.

The room erupted into cheers and applause once more as Daemon whispered his acceptance, the sound of their love and joy echoing off the stone walls of Dragonstone. The family surrounded them, hugs and congratulations flowing freely as they basked in the happiness of the moment.

In that instant, it was clear that Maelor and Daemon's love had finally overcome their stubbornness, and they would spend the rest of their days together, surrounded by the love and support of their family. And as an added bonus, the family would no longer have to endure Maelor's over-the-top romantic declarations

..........................................................................................

The grand throne room of King's Landing was filled with tension as Daemon stood before his grandparents, King Jaehaerys and Queen Alysanne, his father Baelon. The air was thick with expectation, as Daemon's family had gathered to witness his union with Lady Rhea.

But Daemon had other plans.

"I refuse," Daemon said, his voice firm and resolute. "I will not marry Lady Rhea, no matter how advantageous the match may be."