CHAPTER 3

THE THRONE ROOM of King's Landing was filled with tension as King Jaehaerys I Targaryen announced his decision

THE THRONE ROOM of King's Landing was filled with tension as King Jaehaerys I Targaryen announced his decision. "My dear family, after much consideration, I have chosen my son Baelon Targaryen as my successor."

Prince Maelor, grandson of the king, felt a surge of anger and disappointment. He had always believed that his sister Rhaenys, the king's granddaughter, was the rightful heir to the throne. He glanced at Rhaenys, who sat beside him, her face pale with shock and anger.

Maelor's face darkened with rage as he stood up, his voice trembling with emotion. "Grandfather, how could you do this?" he demanded. "Rhaenys is the one who has the wisdom and the experience to lead our people. Not Baelon!"

Queen Alysanne, seated beside the king, placed a calming hand on his arm. "Maelor, dear, we understand your concerns, but Baelon is the king's son, and it is only fitting that he should inherit the throne."

Maelor's anger boiled over. "Fitting?" he repeated, his voice incredulous. "Rhaenys is the one who has been groomed to rule, not Baelon. You are making a grave mistake, Grandfather."

Rhaenys stood up, her eyes flashing with anger. "I agree with my brother, Grandfather," she said, her voice firm. "I have served this kingdom faithfully for many years, and I believe I am the rightful heir to the throne."

King Jaehaerys's face was stern, his eyes unyielding. "I have made my decision, Rhaenys. Baelon will be my successor, and that is final."

Maelor's face twisted with anger, his eyes blazing with fury. "You are making a grave mistake, Grandfather," he spat, his voice venomous. "Rhaenys is the only one who can lead this kingdom to greatness, and you are blind to it."

Rhaenys placed a hand on Maelor's arm, her eyes flashing with determination. "We will not stay here and be disrespected in this way," she said, her voice cold. "Come, Maelor. We will leave this place and make our own way."

Maelor nodded, his face set in determination. "Yes, let us leave this place and its injustices behind," he said, his voice dripping with contempt.

Together, the two siblings stormed out of the throne room. The courtiers and guards watched in silence as they departed, their faces somber with concern.

............................................................................................

The throne room of King's Landing was filled with tension as King Jaehaerys I Targaryen announced his decision. "My dear family, after much consideration, I have chosen my son Baelon Targaryen as my successor."

Prince Maelor, grandson of the king, felt a surge of anger and disappointment. He had always believed that his sister Rhaenys, the king's granddaughter, was the rightful heir to the throne. He glanced at Rhaenys, who sat beside him, her face pale with shock and anger.

Maelor's face darkened with rage as he stood up, his voice trembling with emotion. "Grandfather, how could you do this?" he demanded. "Rhaenys is the one who has been by your side all these years, helping you rule the kingdom. She is the one who has the wisdom and the experience to lead our people. Not Baelon, who has done nothing but indulge in his own pleasures!"