CHAPTER 16

Maelor's POV:

Maelor's POV:

I held Daemon close, my arms wrapped tightly around him as he slept fitfully. It was the middle of the night, and I was wide awake, my senses on high alert. I couldn't shake off the feeling of unease that had settled in my chest since the last episode.

Daemon's dreams had been getting worse, more frequent, and more intense. I'd seen him try to jump out of the window, and I knew that I had to be vigilant. I couldn't let him hurt himself, not when he was so vulnerable.

As I held him, I felt his body tense, his muscles rigid with fear. I whispered soft words of comfort, trying to calm him down, but he was beyond consolation. His eyes fluttered open, and for a moment, I thought he was awake, but then they rolled back, and he was lost in the darkness of his dreams again.

Suddenly, Daemon's nose began to bleed, a thin trickle of crimson that dripped onto his lips. My heart skipped a beat as I panicked, trying to wake him up. I shook him gently, then more forcefully, but he didn't respond.

"Damon, wake up! Oh, gods, please wake up!" I whispered, my voice trembling with fear.

But he remained still, his chest rising and falling with slow, labored breaths. I felt a cold sweat break out on my forehead as I tried to stem the bleeding, my hands shaking with fear.

Time seemed to slow down as I waited for what felt like an eternity for Daemon to wake up. Finally, his eyes flickered open, and he looked up at me, confused and disoriented.

"M-Maelor?" he whispered, his voice hoarse and uncertain.

I held him close, relief washing over me like a wave. "I'm here, Daemon. You're safe. You're with me."

Daemon's eyes focused slowly, and he looked up at me, a mixture of fear and confusion etched on his face. "What... what happened?" he whispered.

I stroked his hair, trying to calm him down. "You had a nosebleed, Daemon. You were dreaming again. But you're okay now. You're safe."

Daemon's eyes dropped, and he looked at the blood on his lips, his face pale and wan. "I'm sorry, Maelor," he whispered, his voice barely audible.

I held him close, feeling a pang of sadness and concern. "You don't have to apologize, Daemon. I'm here for you. We'll get through this together."

As I held him, I knew that I would do anything to help Daemon, to be his rock in the storm. But deep down, I was scared, scared of what these dreams might mean, scared of what might happen if we couldn't find a way to control them.

............................................................................

Maelor POV:

A few week later, I lay on my back, Daemon's warm body sprawled across mine, our skin touching from chest to toe. The fire crackled in the hearth, casting a golden glow over the room, and the soft candlelight danced across the walls. The air was heavy with the scent of sweat and desire, and I felt my heart beating in time with Daemon's.

We were lost in our own little world, a world where nothing else mattered except the touch, the taste, and the feel of each other's skin. Daemon's fingers drew lazy circles on my chest, his touch sending shivers down my spine. I wrapped my arms around him, holding him close, feeling his heartbeat against mine.

I lifted my head, my lips brushing against Daemon's fingers as he continued to draw patterns on my skin. He smiled, his eyes sparkling with mischief, and I felt my heart skip a beat. I kissed his fingers, one by one, my lips lingering on each digit.

Daemon's eyes never left mine, his gaze burning with intensity as he watched me. He leaned in, his lips brushing against my ear, sending a shiver down my spine. "I love you, Maelor," he whispered, his voice husky and low.

I felt my heart swell with emotion, my love for him overflowing like a river. "I love you too, Daemon," I whispered back, my voice barely audible.

Daemon's fingers stilled, and he looked up at me, his eyes searching mine. I saw the vulnerability, the fear, and the uncertainty in his gaze, and I knew that he was still haunted by his dreams. I wrapped my arms around him, holding him close, trying to absorb his fears, to take some of the burden off his shoulders.

"You're safe with me, Daemon," I whispered, my lips against his ear. "I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

Daemon's body relaxed, his tension easing, and he nestled closer to me, his head on my chest. I felt his heart beating against mine, and I knew that we were one, our love strong enough to overcome any obstacle.

As we lay there, entwined in each other's arms, I knew that I would do anything to protect Daemon, to keep him safe from the darkness that haunted him. I would be his shield, his refuge, and his safe haven. And as I looked into his eyes, I knew that he would do the same for me, that our love would be the anchor that held us together, no matter what storms lay ahead.

.......................................................................................

I held Daemon close, his body still entwined with mine, as he began to speak in a low, hesitant tone. The fire crackled in the hearth, casting flickering shadows on the walls as he shared his secrets with me.

"Maelor, I need to tell you something," he whispered, his voice barely audible. "About my dreams."

I nodded, my heart pounding in anticipation. I had suspected that his dreams were more than just nightmares, that they held a deeper significance.

"What is it, Daemon?" I asked, my voice soft and encouraging.

Daemon's eyes dropped, his gaze fixed on the sheets as he began to speak. "I've been having these dreams for years, ever since I was a child. They're...they're dark, Maelor. Full of blood and fire and death."

I felt a shiver run down my spine as he spoke, but I didn't interrupt. I knew that he needed to tell me this, to unburden himself of the secrets he had carried for so long.

"I thought it was just my imagination, that it was just a manifestation of my own fears," Daemon continued. "But then I started to see things, to feel things that weren't there. And I knew that it was more than just dreams."

I wrapped my arms around him, holding him close as he spoke. I could feel the tension in his body, the fear and uncertainty that had driven him to resist me at first.

"I was scared, Maelor," Daemon whispered. "I was scared of what I might do, of what I might become. And I didn't want to drag you down with me, to taint you with my darkness."

I felt a pang of sadness, of regret, as I realized why Daemon had pushed me away at first. He had been trying to protect me, to spare me from the horrors that haunted him.

"Oh, Daemon," I whispered, my voice filled with emotion. "I'm not afraid of your darkness. I'm afraid of losing you, of not being able to help you through this."

Daemon's eyes lifted, his gaze meeting mine, and I saw the tears welling up in his eyes. "You're not afraid of me?" he whispered, his voice trembling.

I shook my head, my heart overflowing with love and compassion. "I'm not afraid of you, Daemon. I'm afraid for you, because I know that you're struggling. But I'm here for you, and I'll help you through this, no matter what."

Daemon's body relaxed, his tension easing, and he nestled closer to me, his head on my chest. I felt his heart beating against mine, and I knew that we were one, our love strong enough to overcome any obstacle.