Chapter 12

A/N

So here's chapter 12 my readers :)

Enjoy! :)

______________________________________________________________________________

My eyes fluttered open. The house was fairly quiet, and there was no alarm waking me. I looked over at the alarm and realized it was Saturday and it was 2:45 in the afternoon. I rolled over, and Matt wasn't there. He had probably gotten up already.

I pulled myself out of bed with a splitting headache. I went to my bathroom and took some medication for it. My eyes were swollen, and dark on the outside. I still felt a horrible pain on the inside from what he did to me, but it wasn't as bad as last night.

I walked downstairs, yawning. Matt was sitting downstairs at the kitchen counter in basketball shorts with a cup of coffee.

"Did you just wake up?" I asked.

"Yeah.."

"I'm really sorry about last night.." I apologized, still ashamed of what I had done.

"We're not going to speak of it any more. It's called the past for a reason. You learned from your mistakes and that's what's important."

"Thank you.." I smiled slightly.

"Oh, mom and dad won't be back for another three days, there was an emergency meeting, which delayed them. Not that they care probably, they're probably excited to be able to stay." he snorted.

"Probably.." I agreed. I poured myself a cup of coffee.

"What are you going to do today?" I asked, trying to generate conversation.

"Watch TV, be lazy, etc. The only reason I'm wearing shorts was because I figured you didn't to see me in boxers right now."

"Thanks," I laughed, "but you didn't have to do that for me." He just smiled.

"What about you?" I frowned.

"Probably cry in my room some more until I finally feel better."

"I think Kim was asking about you. She heard what happened from someone, and she was asking if you wanted her to come over."

"I'm not surprised she found out already, and I don't know yet. It depends on what I'm feeling like later. I may have her come over tomorrow though, because I don't really have any intention of seeing anybody today." I said.

"Well why don't you go take a hot shower, and fix up yourself, and your room, and see how you feel then. Did you take any medication today? I imagine you have a horrible migraine."

"It's not a migraine, but it's a pretty intense headache. And yes, I did take some medication for it. Extra strength."

"Good, now go shower." he said, mimicking our mother, knowing it would make me laugh. Which it did.

"You always know how to cheer me up." I called as I walked up the stairs.

"I'm a naturally humorous person!" he called back. I just snorted.

When I made it to my room, I opened my shades, revealing the hideous gates on my window, and turned on the lights, allowing my room to be illuminated. What's more, it was a disaster. It looked like Matt lived in here.

So, after taking a nice hot shower, throwing on some fresh sweat pants and a sweat shirt, hair in a ponytail, I decided to clean my room. Now, there are two things I learned about cleaning a room. One, it's difficult to vacuum without the plug in the outlet, and two, it takes longer if you get distracted by the "neat" stuff you find on your floors. Needless to say, I vacuumed, dusted, and sprayed my windows. Now if only I didn't have stainless steel gates blocking the view of my room.