Chapter 20

A/N

Alright guys, time for a less explicit, more appropriate chapter xD

Any who, hope you guys enjoy, this might seem boring, but this is what will drive the next chapters forward. In other words, a linking chapter :)

____________________________________________________________________________

*Kristen*

When the weekend rolled around, I was excited. Kim and I had decided to go to Atlanta to go shopping. I needed some new clothes, plus I needed a pick me up. Dealing with Cooper had given me nightmares of being raped, which scared me beyond hope.

Ever since Wednesday, Kim had been acting weird. Strangely happy. I mean, she was always happy, but she was excessively joyful both Thursday and Friday.

When my alarm went off Saturday morning at 6:00 a.m, I wanted to punch a wall. It was the weekend, I shouldn't have to get up so early for this. Even so, I was still excited. We needed to be on the road by no later than seven thirty, so I flew into the bathroom to shower. I slipped on a pair of white skinny jeans, my black platforms, and a cyan blue curtain shirt. I rushed straightening my hair, and put it in a ponytail. I put on my normal make-up and hoop earrings.

I walked back into my room, and saw the clock which said 7:02. I picked up my phone, and looked for a message from Kim. There wasn't one, so I texted her.

You on your way?

Yeah, sorry, I'll be there in five minutes, I woke up late. You ready?

Yeah, come to the door when you get here

I put my phone on my bed, and went downstairs to make a cup of coffee for the road. Nobody was up yet, except my mom, who was sitting in the living room, watching Grey's Anatomy.

"Mom?" I asked, shocked that she was up so early.

"Oh Kristen, you're up."

"Yeah, Kim and I are going shopping in Atlanta today."

"Do you have your credit card?"

"Yeah."

"Try not to overdue the bill."

"I won't.."

"And Kristen? Have a good time today. You've appeared to be stressed out lately. I remember when I was in high school, I had girls day out a lot, and it was the most relaxing moments in my teenage years. So enjoy yourself for me, alright?"

I just stared at her. Why was she being so sincere?

"I will mom, I'll get you something if I see anything good." I smiled, grabbing my travel mug and walking back upstairs. I grabbed my iPhone, iPod, earbuds, and chargers for both my iPhone and iPod. Who knew how long we'd be out today.

A few minutes later, Kim rang the doorbell. I got all my stuff in my hands, and went out to greet Kim. My mom was gone when I came back down.

"How are you?" Kim asked, preppy as ever.

"I'm excited, now let's go and grab some food before we leave town." I said, pushing her out the door. We walked to her car and drove off.

"Starbucks sound good?" Kim asked, pulling out of the neighborhood.

"Absolutely." I smiled.

"So I have a question for you..." Kim trailed off.

"Yes?" I prompted.

"Have you given any thought to homecoming, or what Drake is doing for you?"

"No...I haven't, why?"