Chapter 4: Shit show.

Liam

"You better give up before it's too late, man."

"Did you see how she completely ignored him?"

I walk into class to find Noah, sitting in the same seat as last class at her spot. The seat next to him waiting for her, surrounded by all the guys, chatting and laughing loudly.

"It was hilarious." Allister says laughing loudly.

"Oh man, I don't wanna lose those fifty bucks." Jack says with dread.

"Just shut up. It's only the beginning. She's just a hard one. If anything it's more fun." Noah says with a confident smile that does a poor job in hiding the annoyance in his tone.

I scoff and go to my seat. I plopped down on it and was about to put my head down to sleep when I saw her coming in.

Something is different with her today. When she pumped into me she was continuously rubbing her temple. She also seemed a couple shades redder. And now as she walks in she looks completely drained.

As soon as her eyes fall on Noah sitting next to her seat, she lets out a sigh. Her eyes start to wander around the class until they fall on me. She looks at me then the seat next to mine and then Noah. Who was now waving at her to come to her seat.

"Jas, hey. Here." He calls, but she just smiles politely, nodding curtly, before she makes her way to the seat next to mine.

My eyes shift to Noah to find him looking at me with an angered expression. The guys were all looking at me with shocked eyes and sly grins. They enjoyed this way too much. The look on Noah's face erked me. This is going to be bad.

Some how between me and Noah, everything has turned into a competition at some point. One sided, by the way. I was never interested at what he did or what he had, but he always wanted to prove that he had more, he could do more.

Since this bet thing started, I've been trying to push away the idea of Noah having started this only because he found out she talked to me once. Now after what just happened, this thing is officially turning into a competition for him, and now this girl is going to have to face whatever shit Noah is about to throw at her.

And now the urge to stop this nonsense is filling me. To at least protect her, but then I remember my promise to myself.

It's none of my business.

She chose to sit here. She doesn't even know me and I have nothing to do with her decisions. She will have to deal with it.

Through out the exam she seemed to struggle to stay focused and awake.

After class she walks out with her head hung down, taking slow steps and seemingly not breathing so well.

I watch as Noah immediately walks behind her and pulls her around. I notice how she stumbles a little struggling to stay on her feet.

"Hey Jas, are you ok? Why didn't you come to your seat? Did I do something wrong? You know, I just wanted to be friends."

She looks pale. Her eyes unfocused. She's swaying on her feet.