Chapter 1: Three things.

Jasmin

It's been a couple months since I moved into the dorms and started school.

Friends?

Well the closest thing I've got to friends is Jared the security guard on the campus. I mean..we say hi to each other, he makes sure I'm okay. Sometimes he asks about my day. That counts as a friend, right?

I didn't visit home since I got here. I guess it's better that way. I have a lot of quizzes and tests to work for.
Which is one of the reasons I hate it here.

Let's see. If you asked me about three things I like about moving to a new city and starting med school, I'd say..

1-Not having anyone know anything about me.

Basically nobody knows who I am and therefore nobody knows anything about me and I can be peacefully alone. I don't need to pretend.

2-The park.

It's quite nice and not so many people frequent there. A few kids running around making it feel lively and all the greenery and old couples walking around make it so relaxing. The perfect spot to spend my afternoons.

3-the school library.

It's so old with all the vintage decorations and yellow lights. Nearly nobody goes there since most of the students use the study rooms being supplied with the computers and better connection and stuff. And those who use the library mostly don't like interacting with people as much as I do..so I don't need to worry about anyone walking up to me to get to know me to make friends or whatever.

Then, if you ask me about three things I hate, I'd be like just three?!!

I hate how much quizzes and tests and exams we have to take. Like dude give me a break. I don't even remember when was the last time I studied without a deadline or an exam waiting. It's so freaking stressful.

I hate the cafeteria's lunch.

I hate waking up at six am.

I hate how I somehow came to be a part of the school gossip. Like whenever I pass by a group of girls the whispers automatically start and their eyes keep following me. I mean you don't even know anything about me, my life is so lacking of drama and I don't know anything about anyone else here..so why the hell?!

I hate how this particular group of boys keep staring at me whenever I'm passing by. They just start winking at each other and chuckling lightly while nudging each other's arms. They creep me out for god's sake.

And the list goes on.

I walk into the campus waving hi to Jared as I make my way to the library. It's quite early. I usually come before the start of the day but today it's far earlier than usual. I woke up at midnight and couldn't go back to sleep so as soon as the sun came up I dressed myself in a simple sweater and jeans and made my way here.

At least I can get to studying here and maybe my mind would stop going in circles.

As I get to my usual spot at the window seat, I see someone setting there resting their head on the glass of the window his arm draped over his eyes probably sleeping.

I let out a sigh and as I was about to turn around to find a seat I see him moving. He moves his arm and his eyes open and as if he felt me there he looks at me.