Chapter 11: Reminder.

Jasmine

"Focus." I whisper just loud enough for Liam next to me to hear me and give me a glare.

He tries to snatch his airpods back for the umpteenth time in ten minutes since the beginning of the class.

"Little kitten," he calls out, his voice dropping a few octaves, threatening.

I raise an eyebrow in defiance, giving him a daring smile. He stares at me for a moment. I could see a plan forming in his head. He looks at the professor at the front to find him giving us his back, writing something on the board. He looks around the class, making sure that everyone is focused on their own things, then he looks back at me. A smirk finds its place on his face.

I'm doomed.

He straightened his posture and just before he could initiate that plan of my end the professor calls out.

"Dr. Liam, is everything ok?"

His head snaps to the professor at the front and he just shakes his head, reluctantly sitting back in his seat. I smile triumphantly giving him a pen and tapping the papers with mine.

"Good luck next time, big boy. Now let's make those notes worth this little bickering session."

I swear I could see the shadow of a smile on his face, but he's so good at concealing it. So I just smile at the thought of him maybe not hating me as much.

______________

At the end of the class we walk out to the next class. We get in and have our seats. I was talking nonstop about something, while liam was just listening in boredom. Suddenly the seat on my other side was pulled out and Noah sits next to me. He smiles at me and gives me a little wave, totally ignoring Liam.

I don't remember him being in that class.
Did he change his schedule?

The next class he was there, and then the one after and after. He definitely did change his schedule. I could sense Liam being tensed most of the day. His jaw clenched and unclenched several times. Noah would occasionally ask for a pen or paper or anything just trying to make a conversation and Liam would just scoff or glare every single time. They had a never ending glaring contest throughout the day and it felt so goddamn uncomfortable.

Then came the class I've been dreading. The only one I don't share with Liam. And guess what? He was there. He followed me in and took the seat next to mine.

"So, what class is this one?" He asks casually as if we've been friends since born.

I let out a sigh, already done with his attitude. I gather my courage and look him in the eye.

"Noah, why are you doing this?"

"What do you mean? Why am I doing what?" He asks eyebrows furrowed in confusion mixed with nervousness.

"Following me around?"

"I'm not following you around, I'm just having my classes." He says smiling nervously.

"No you're not. You changed your schedule and you haven't been listening in any of those classes, so what is this." I say, my voice rising an octave in frustration.