Chapter 16

***POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNING***

Auria's POV
I'm not hungry. I'm not hungry. I'm not hungry. The thoughts keep running through my mind. I hear mom but I am overwhelmed. "Momma" I say looking at the floor because that's what I know best.
"Yes sweetheart" Christina put her hands on top of mine.
"I am sorry" tears start forming in my eyes. "I just cannot eat right now. Can I please try later?"

Christina's POV
"Can I please try later?" How am I supposed to respond. I care so much about Auria. I look at Miss Sofia and she turned and said "you know what Auria that is brave of you. I know today is a rough day for you and kiddo it can be overwhelming right now, but you used your words to explain that right now you simply do not have the energy to eat and how about this your mom packs a granola bar into her bag with a protein shake and when you feel like you can try to have something, your mom gives it to you?"
"Sweet girl I agree with Miss Sofia" I squeezed her and Auria looks calmer.
"I'm really sorry I can't do it now, but you promise it will be on my terms?"

Miss Sofia's POV
Auria feels like she doesn't have control of anything right now but she feels like not eating at this moment is the one thing she can control. "I promise as long as it is before court. Do we have a deal?"
Auria hugged Christina and I noticed that she has cuts on her wrist that popped out of her sleeve. She noticed me looking at her and she came over to me. Auria whispered in my ear "I promise I will talk about it later."
I squeeze her and whisper back "we will get through this together."

Auria's POV
Oh no Miss Sofia saw my cuts. I mean maybe it's a good idea. I look at mom as she is wrapping up gathering everything last minute and grandad yells "it's time to leave" everyone piles up in the "bus" it's not actually a bus it just is a sprinter van that holds 20 people. I climbed to the back row because I'm the youngest and mom sat next to me. I didn't want her to sit there so I turned my back to her and faced the window. Everyone else is loading in and mom tried to hold my hand. I turned, threw her hand off of me, and screamed "I don't need you right now leave me alone."

Christina's POV
I can't believe what Auria just screamed at me. Everyone looks back and tears form in my eyes. She put her headphones on so she can't hear anything going on and I said to everyone "I know she is just very worked up right now. I'm going to give her the space she needs." We pull into the court house garage and Auria just looked at me and said "I need you I'm sorry."
I kissed her hand and said "sweetie I'm right here nothing is going to happen to you do you hear me"