Chapter 6

Auria's POV

Lynne and Mike are having a sit down with me in their office and they just keep screaming. Mike just got a text and it was from this stupid therapist saying she cleared her schedule to come visit today. Lynne calls Christina in and said "I want you to stay with Auria while Dad and I go to greet Sofia." They left and Christina kept staring at me and said "do you want to go back to the orphanage?" I shook my head no and Christina proceeded "well get your act together." Lynne and Mike came and took me to the den where we do our schooling. A pretty young lady with a brief case was sitting at the long table at one end and I sat on the opposite end of the table while Mike and Lynne sat next to this weird lady. The doors were closed and this weird lady says"Hi Auria my name is Sofia and I'm your therapist. Can you tell me about yourself?" I started spinning my chair around in circles and Lynne said "Auria is 11 and we just got her yesterday. We do not know much about her except she likes to run away a lot since she ran twice today, she has an eating disorder, and she is aggressive as she pulled Christina's hair, smacked, and kicked Christina. Sofia dismissed Mike and Lynne so it was just the two of us and I looked out the window.

Sofia's POV

I wanted to get to know Auria better before we jumped into treatment. She got up from her chair and started drawing on the whiteboard. I took a sip of my coffee when all I noticed was a thumbtack just hit me in the head. I placed my coffee cup down and said "Auria sit down now." She looked at me, sat down and banged her head off the table. I took out my emotions chart and sat right next to her and said "Auria look at this chart for me. Can you point to what emotions you are feeling?" She pointed to frustration, anger, alone, and anxious. She placed her head down and I said "Auria can you explain your emotions now?" She just started talking my ear off "well I am frustrated and angry with what my family did to me. They picked my abusive father over me and I am frustrated that I want to be adopted by this family but I don't know if they want me now because I'm a piece of garbage and I'm angry because I try to express myself but I can't so I do stupid things and I am so alone and I feel like no one understands me and I am so anxious because I want to be adopted but I know I will never be." Auria and I sat down and made a goals chart after we discussed her emotions. We called Mike and Lynne in.

Lynne's POV

When Sofia called us in I was surprised that Auria was sitting right next to Sofia and she was giggling up a storm. It felt so good to see her laughing. Sofia said "so Auria and I had a really good discussion today after she did throw a thumbtack at me and I told her that you both will discuss that with her and decide the outcome. We also discussed how she feels frustrated, angry, alone, and anxious and she was so good at describing it to me! We set up a goals chart and she insisted that running away would not be one. I managed to get her to add not running away to it. So this week we are focusing on trying not to use aggressive behavior and trying not running away. I will be back in five days and we will have another session girlfriend." I looked at Auria and said "tell Miss Sofia thank you and that you're sorry." She gave miss Sofia a hug and said "thanks for coming and I'm sorry for throwing the thumbtack at you." Miss Sofia left with Mike and I told Auria "I am so happy she is going to help you and I will put you on an eleven minute timeout for what you did to her. Go sit on the rocking chair in the lounge and I will come get you when your time is up."