Chapter 8

**three days pass**
Lynne's POV
I honestly don't know what to do with Auria and she has been grounded these past three days and Christina has been watching her like a hawk and bringing her everywhere with her. Mike and I decided to reach out to Miss Blair to see what we can do. Miss Blair arrived and we brought her to the den. Mike asked "Do you need something to eat or drink Miss Blair?" She said "no I am good thank you. So I got the message that you needed to talk right away. Is everything okay?" Mike and I looked at each other and I said "no everything is not okay. We have been having an extremely rough time with Auria. We want to keep Auria but we are having an issue with her behavior and she has been grounded the last three days." Miss Blair said "she came from a very loved home and her family did everything together. One day her father lashed and held a gun next to her head when she was nine and she called the police freaking out. Her mom and brothers and her lived together while her dad was living with a family member. When her house almost got taken by the bank her mom took her dad back and Auria fought to try to get him out of the house and she got a PFA against her family. No one wanted to take her in and so the justice system placed her under my care. She is scared to find a family that will want her because she doesn't want them to turn out like her biological family." I just wish Auria realized how loved she is. Miss Blair got up and said "is Christina home right now?" Mike said "yes she is upstairs in her room second door on the right but Katherine and Amy might be in there too." Miss Blair said "that's okay I will talk to them too if they are up there."

Auria's POV
The past three days suck. I am grounded and Christina has eyes on me majority of the day. I was sitting in my room and heard footsteps coming up the stairs so I jumped off my bunk to see who was coming but also go get a piece of fruit from the pantry. I see Miss Blair and I knew oh shit I'm going back to the orphanage. I ran back into my room and acted like I was drawing while sitting on Lisa's bunk. She walked right past and I got up to see where she was going. She walked to Christina's, Katherine's, and Amy's room and said something and closed the door. I tried to move my feet to go to listen in but my anxiety was going. The only thing I was able to do was to run downstairs and see Lynne. She could tell in my face I guess that something was wrong and she opened her arms while I jumped into them while sobbing. She said "Auria it's okay you aren't leaving us honey. You are staying here. Do you hear me? She just needed to come and help Mike and I on ways we can help you. It's okay shhhhhh it's okay."

Christina's POV
Miss Blair came into my room and asked if she could speak to me and closed the door. She asked "how are you doing with having Auria around?" I said "I love Auria like she is my own. She is a piece of work let me tell you but I know I can get her to a better place eventually. I was even thinking once my house is done getting built which should be around three weeks from now to adopt her." Miss Blair had a beam of joy on her face "I love that idea. Listen I think we need to start preparing her for this though. She hates change." I said "most definitely. My parents even approved and my boyfriend and her get along so well already." Miss Blair said "do you know where Auria is right now so we can have a meeting downstairs?" We both left the room and as we walked past Auria's room I noticed she wasn't there. We went downstairs and I saw my mom sitting on the couch holding Auria who looked like she just got done crying. Mom said "hey Auria look Miss Blair is here." Auria looked up and I can see the pain in her eyes. Miss Blair kneeled to Auria's height and said "hi darling. Can we have a talk the five of us?" Auria wanted me when she said that and jumped into my arms. We all sat down and Miss Blair said "Auria I have some exciting news for you." Auria didn't even bother to look at her, she buried her head into my shoulder. I said "Auria I was wondering if you would like me to adopt you?" She wrapped her arms around my neck and whispered "yes" and I filled with joy and happiness. My mom and dad were happy that I am maturing more. Miss Blair got out a stack of papers and asked lynne to take Auria inside while we finalize paper work.

Auria's POV
I am kind of happy that Christina is going to be adopting me but I am also scared. She won't be able to deal with me when I have one of my episodes and I know my life is going to change dramatically. No one is prepared for this.