Chapter 3

Auria's POV

Lynne and Mike left Christina and I to have dinner just the two of us since I had a freak out at family dinner. I was playing around with my food and Christina kept looking at me from across the table. I forced a few pieces of broccoli onto the floor and left them there. Christina said "Auria are you going to pick that up?" I looked at her and pushed the rest of my food off the table. She got so mad at me but I ran upstairs to my room and acted like nothing ever happened. Ten minutes later I heard Christina at the door asking me to come down. I just ignored her and continued drawing. Two minutes later Christina walked into my room and threw me over her shoulders. I pulled her hair and hit her back while kicking her at the same time. She placed me down on a kitchen chair and Lisa came running in from the living room.

Lisa's POV

I saw Christina walking past with someone over her shoulders and I noticed it was Auria. Once Christina placed her into the chair she immediately jumped up and attempted to run away but Michael came into the room and caught her and held her down until mom and dad came running in. Mom looked at Michael and said "what's going on in here?" Christina said "Auria threw all of her food onto the floor and didn't eat a thing. I went upstairs to get her but she started attacking." Mom looked at Auria and gave her a banana from the fruit basket on the counter "Auria you have to eat this entire banana and we are going to get you into some counseling. We want what's best for you." Auria ate the banana and dad said "you three are on babysitting duty. Auria is not allowed near a bathroom for an hour and a half. After that hour and a half you can leave her alone. Mom and I need to finish our business call and then we will take over." I looked at Auria who looked like she was scheming something. She sat there and Michael said "hey umm do you want to play a game?" Auria shook her head. Christina said "What do you want to do?" Auria pulled her phone out and typed 'nothing' we all looked at each other confused.

*hour and a half passes*

Auria's POV

"Alright you are free to go" said Michael and I ran right upstairs to my room. Christina came following in and sat down on Dani's bed. She looked up at me and said "Auria, we need to talk. It's only your first day here and you are causing trouble. I want what's best for you dear." I looked at her and wrote down on a piece of paper 'I'm sorry' and passed it to her. Christina said "Auria can you come down here?" I came down from my bunk and stood in front of her. She pulled me tight into her arms and said "Auria I wish I could take the pain you are feeling and give it to myself. I know it must be hard for you to be good but I know if you try really hard, you can do it." I continued hugging her and wrapped my arms and legs around her as I let out a few tears out. Lynne and Mike walked into the room but saw I was crying with Christina reassuring me. We sat there until I fell asleep. 

Christina's POV

 I sat there holding Auria until she fell asleep and put her up into her bed. I kissed her head and tucked her in. I went downstairs to see mom and dad before I headed to bed myself. Mom said "I saw you taking care of Auria and I was so happy. I hope she opens up to you and that you can help her." That made me really happy and I do hope that this works. I said "Night mom night dad I love you" and went to bed.