3. tension, confusion, attraction

the alarm goes off again, and i look over to see apollo sleeping peacefully next to me.

i got up from my bed and immediately started my morning routine. i put the same uniform attire on just different colors. black dress pants, a velvet v neck button up. tucked in, with velvet flats this time.

i'm pretty short, about 5 feet and a half.. maybe. everyone seems to be taller then me besides my son, so i enjoy wearing heels to match people's average height. but today i didn't feel like standing on heels.

my sister walks in my bedroom to wake up apollo to get him ready for school. "morning sis", she says as she picks up apollo and walks out my bedroom.

she insists on getting him ready to take him to school and pick him up everyday. she wants to be apart so i let her, also his school is 3 minutes from her work so it's convenient.

once i finish my routine i headed to the main bathroom to meet my son and sister.

"love yous", i say kissing both of them on the temple.

my sister rubs the kiss off her temple. i laughed, teasing her knowing she doesn't like affection.

my son does the same back to me, wishing me a good day today.

i head out my apartment into my car, and go to work to repeat the routine once again.

i do get tired of the same thing it's like i'm a robot. moments like this makes me want to think about what i'm passionate about and finally get a chance to start it. i want to do so many things, i just can't choose one.

i let out a sigh.

i play music on my radio to tune out the thoughts i have in my head, and enjoy the 20 minute ride to work.

-

i'm in my office on the computer, it's 10am now. i hear a knock at the door, claudia walks in.

she's my favorite co worker, we hang out on weekends and go to bars sometimes as friends. she's engaged, and trying to get pregnant but she won't quit the party life. she's pretty fun to be around, i enjoy her presence.

behind her was Evan, he's also part of the work click. he's right behind us whenever claudia and i, want to hang out.

as they walk in my office, evan shuts the door behind him.

"dude the ceo is HOT". evan whispers as he pulls up the wheelie chair next to me.

claudia sitting at the edge of my desk as usual.

"yeah she's pretty, definitely not what i was expecting". claudia says confirming my thoughts exactly.

"yeah definitely not expected at all". i say agreeing with them

"let's go out this friday guys after work, on me". evan says changing the subject

"yeah let's do it"
claudia says

they both look at me for confirmation.

i was about to speak, when the heels starting to clink  closer and closer.

"i thought she was only coming for 1 day"
evan says looking around trying to find a place to hide

"shit.. i hope we don't get yelled at for being in here by her"
claudia says, hiding away from the glass window