12. getting close

"i do not "fancy" you," i lied.

"whatever makes yourself feel better, i'm pretty good at reading people," she says as she sits on the love seat next to me.

"why don't you have pictures of your family?" i ask changing the subject

"how do you know i have family?"

"who doesn't," i say

"have you been researching me?" she asks with a slight smirk i can barely notice

"just a little, i had to see who's paying me," i lied again, i could care less.

she hums. "for someone to not fancy me, you seem to know enough about me," she crosses her legs and leans closer resting her arm on the glass table beside us.

"what does that mean? anyone can research someone if they want to," i say crossing my arms

"yeah, someone who's interested"

"can you just answer my question," i asked getting annoyed at her circling back to this topic i'm clearly trying to steer away from.

"what was the question again?" she asks with her brows furrowed in confusion

"never mind," i say in defeat.

she chuckles lightly and gets up from the chair and walks over into the walk in closet.

i hate when she does that. just walks away leaving me alone with my thoughts. i don't even know what to do, do i sit here or follow her. i still don't know what i'm doing here.

"i'm not much of a family person," i hear her speak aloud from the closet tracing me away from my thoughts.

i stayed silent processing her response.

"how come?" i spoke out

"they're too high class," she says as she walks out the walk in closet back towards me with a different attire on.

i quickly scanned her appearance. she's wearing a grey sweat suit now, and tied up her hair in a pony, exposing more of her sharp features.

"that's a terrible excuse," i tell her once our eyes met

"how?" she says looking down at me standing 4 feet away

"too high class? what does that even mean"

"i don't like to explain things too much in depth. just know we don't like each other," she explains

"what's the fun in that? aren't i here to just chit chat with you anyway"

she rolls her eyes and walks over into the bathroom this time.

i get up and follow her, stopping at the door way of the bathroom

"can you stop doing that," i say, as i watch her grab makeup wipes from the drawer, open it take out the wipe to wipe off her eye makeup with it.

"doing what love?" she says keeping her eyes on herself in the mirror

i didn't say anything back, i was taken aback by her calling me love instead of my last name like she usually does.

she looks at me waiting for an answer

"sorry you caught me off guard with that"

"with what?" she asks looking back into the mirror

i hear the bedroom door knock, i look over at her basically asking for permission to open it with my eyes. she points at the door with her head insinuating for me to open it.

i walk to the door and open, it was apollo.

"mommy come look and see what i built," he says with excitement, grabbing my hand dragging me down the hall into the room he was previously in.

the room looked a mess, i sigh at the looks of how messy this room was and how I'm gonna have to pick up after him before I leave.

"over here over here," he says still dragging me at the end of the room, stepping over a bunch of toys

"it's my kingdom, and look at my dragon," he says pointing to the legos stacked together

"how cool is that," i say with excitement bending down to his level picking up the dragon and examining it

"i know right! can i take it home pleasee?" he begs to me and looks at me with big eyes

"i don't know baby bear, i'm the wrong person to ask," i tell him

"of course, you can take anything you want sweet face"

i look over behind me and see christina leaning at the doorway watching us

"awesome! your friend is the best," apollo says. he shifts his attention back to the legos building something else

i get up to my height and walk over the toys on the floor until i reached where christina was

"sorry about the mess i'll pick it-

"don't worry about it, i have a housekeeper for a reason," she cuts me off.

"come i wanna show you something," she says as she grabs my wrist and leads the way.

she pulls me down the spiral stairs and we go to the back of the house through the extremely large kitchen into the large sliding doors through the large back balcony into the backyard that goes literally 25 acers long. she doesn't even need a big ass backyard it's just her and her son here.

we go further down the backyard over a hill and i see a huge garden. i was in awe, there were so many trees filled with fruits. i see vegetables on stems from the ground along with all types of flowers and just plants i've never seen before.

we go further into the garden, i see a fountain in the middle with a white bench behind it.

we reached the bench and she sits down leading my wrist to sit awfully close to her with our thighs touching.

i shifted myself a little to give her space.

"you don't have to be nervous around me, i don't bite," she says, watching my body shift a little bit away from her.

"i'm not nervous, i'm just respecting your space"

"my space isn't being disrespected promise, everything is good," she tells me as she grabs my waist and pulls me closer to her.

i blushed at her actions. she definitely likes me.

she kept her eyes on me as she spoke, "you like my garden?"

"it's beautiful, it's the polar opposite from your house and your vibe no offense," i say

she chuckles softly.

"it's just a hobby i picked up a year ago something to distract myself," she says to me looking at the garden before us.

"distract you from what?" i asked curiosly

"work, my horrible love life, my broken relationship with my family and son.. just life" she shrugs off 

she's opening up to me. i stayed silent not wanting to pry into asking more questions she's not ready to answer yet.

i grabbed her hand and caressed it, reassuring her that i'm listening. i know it was a bold move for me to do but i didn't want to push her away, she's being vulnerable with me and i want more of her.

she looks down at our hands touching and looks at me scanning my facial features. i do the same and look down at her plump lips.

"if you wanna kiss me you can just say that"