17. cheers

"evan" i call as i face him while we wait for reed to come and get the skates sitting on the desk

he turns to me as he giggles from whatever claudia was saying to him. "yes sugar plum?"

"on a serious note, are you clocking us out?" i ask keeping eye contact

"yeah i can, why not"

"no i wasn't asking in that way, i was trying to suggest that we go to the firm and clock out ourselves"

"we can do that too but that's risky"

"more risky than you hacking the system to do it?"

"who said anything about hacking? all i have to do is go to the firm website, type in our username and password like we do on our work computer to clock in and out. it all works the same it's the internet," he says laughing

"whatever" i roll my eyes

"you didn't know that?"

i didn't respond

evan kept laughing

claudia looks over to me from the other side of evan and mouthed "told you so"

"whatever guys, i didn't know that" i admitted

"it's ok, we know your paranoid and scared of miss rose, your one of many" evan says resting his hand on my shoulder still laughing

"i am not scared of christina" i say squinting my eyes at him as he laughs his last breath.

"okay" evan says sarcastically

reed finally comes to us and grabs the skates rested on the desk and put them on the table at the opposite end. 

he turns back to us and reads us the receipt that he printed previously before he got to us, " your total is $70"

"phew i thought it was more then that" evan says pulling out his wallet and give him his card to pay

i pull out my phone to check the time, it's 5. it was perfect timing

reed gave evan his card back "have a good day" he says to us as we head out the arcade.

-

we made it to the firm 30 minutes later, evan pulled up to the parking garage where claudia and i cars were parked, "thanks evan, i appreciate you helping me take my mind off things," i say as i turn to him from the passenger side and gave him a genuine smile.

"i'm not done with you yet, meet me at my place." he responds

"really? you never invite us over" i say with a confused look.

"i am this time, just follow me when you get in your car" he says, then shoos us out if his car.

claudia and i got out his car and went our separate ways to our car.

once i stepped in my car, pulled out my phone to text esmeralda letting her know my plans in case i get home late.

once i was done, claudia and i followed evan out the parking garage.

-

we made it to evan's place, it was different then what i expected. it's a grey duplex, there were a lot of flowers in the front yard below his windows, and some flowers lined up next to the white concrete walk way with a cherry blossom tree sitting in the middle of the front yard.