14. absence

it's 8:30pm. we ate the dinner and it was delicious, it reminded me of esmeralda's spaghetti.

once we finished dinner, we left the mansion and hopped in a different car this time, it was already at the front of the mansion waiting for us, it was smaller, easier for me to get in. christina held the door open for apollo and i. after we all get in, christina drives us to the parking garage at the firm, so i can get in my car.

it took 25 minutes, the ride was quiet but it was a comfortable quiet.

once she arrived at the parking garage she parked her car in front of my car, i look to her to say thanks and bid my goodbye, after i spoke she wrapped her hand around the back on my neck and pulled me into her lips.

i froze, my eyes were open wide, thinking about apollo in the backseat hoping he isn't witnessing this

she pulled away from me, we were 2 inches away from each others faces.

"i've been waiting all evening to steal a kiss from those lips," she says to me, as looks down on my lips and up to my eyes again.

i didn't respond, i looked over to the back seat to see apollo and he was sound asleep.

i took that as my chance to reciprocate her actions, i cupped her cheeks and i pulled her
face to mine and kissed her back, she smiled in the kiss. her hands shift from my neck to my chin to take control of the kiss. she guided my chin in rhythm to the kiss and i pulled away.

"why are you trying to control the kiss? are you saying i'm a bad kisser?" i ask, as my brows frown in suspicion

"i just like taking control, you're an amazing kisser, i can't get over it." she says to me with a seductive look on her face.

"i knew you were trying to seduce me, that's all you want out of me." i huff and open the car door and slam it. i open the second door to get apollo and slam that door as well.

i head to the back door of my car, open it and slide apollo in and strap him in. once i closed his door, christina was behind me, i bump into her and rolled my eyes going around her to the diver side of the car but she got there before me and blocked it.

"what's your problem?" she asks with her arms folded leaning against the driver door, blocking me completely.

"i'm not repeating myself," i tell her

"you think i'm seducing you?" she asks

"i don't think, i know. all day you've been handsy with me, i mean I'm not complaining about it but don't you think that's too fast? and you've been looking at me like you want to fuck me, and you kissed me twice already today and this is my first time being in your home and meeting your son and your chef. not to mention you've only been here for a week and a half, i don't know how you do things but i don't rush into things and i'm definitely not going to be sleeping with you if you're just gonna kiss me and grab me everywhere, whenever you get the chance to. i mean maybe i might sleep with you but i don't know. i'm a hopeless romantic not a one night stand, now excuse me your in my way." i say, as i huffed for air

she didn't say anything, she just looked at me with an expression i couldn't read. the same expression she has when she's at work. she lifts her body off the driver door and walks past me into her car and drives off.

i just stood there with my thoughts, 'did i just end our potential?' i mean i was just speaking my mind, she can't be mad at me for doing so. her leaving me with my thoughts again just confirmed that she just wanted to be in bed with me. i let it go, got into my car and drive home.