6. the bar

the days at work consisted of me doing my daily tasks and getting food delivered to me everyday at 1pm. it became a routine this past week.

things at home became a quick routine as well, seeing my son and sister when i get home and hanging out with them until bedtime. i look forward to coming home.

i haven't seen christina since our last conversation, and mr davis has been avoiding me, i knew that would happen. i still didn't appreciate her telling him anything but there's nothing i can do, i shrugged it off after awhile.

i heard a knock at my office door before it opened. it was claudia.

"hey bubs"
she says as she sits at the edge of my desk picking up the pink stress ball that's been sitting there for months

"hey you"
i replied turning my attention to her
"talk to me i know you want something"

she laughs

"so...everyone's going to the bar after work today care to join?"
she asked tossing the ball back & fourth between her hands. 

i looked at my computer screen at the time. it was 3pm already, i didn't notice it was past noon.

"who's everyone?"
i asked looking back up at her

"anyone who's in the building i guess. it's to celebrate the 5th year anniversary the company's been open"
she said sounding uninterested

"i'll think about it, the thought of becca being there drunk makes it less pleasing"

"please. i don't want to be the only one there with these boring people"

"what about evan"

she smacks her teeth
"supposedly he's got a date, he said he rather get his freak on, then hang out with all of us"
she replies, rolling her eyes

"i don't blame him"
i say

she looks at me and pouts her face

"fine i'll go", i gave in

"perfect. let's leave together"

"sounds like a plan"

she gets up from her previous spot on my desk and walks out

i'm really not looking forward to going to the bar with a bunch of co workers i barely know or like

i sighed and searched for my phone to text esmeralda.

"going to bar tonight with co workers don't wait up, if i leave early enough, i'll bring food home.... not likely but i'll send you some money for pizza for you guys and anything extra. love yous"

es - "got it, send me $100 for babysitting as well"

"🙄"

es - "i'm serious"

"on it sis"

-

it's 5pm. i was dreading going out, it was a bit early to go to a bar so i wonder if were stopping anywhere before hand.

claud walked in my office

"ready?"

"don't you think it's too early to go to a bar? are we going straight there or is it later on?"
i questioned

"doesn't matter really, do you want to stop to get food?"

"not really. i just want this to be over with"
i get up from my chair

"likewise but luckily we're going together"

"now let's go. enough small talk"
she grabs my arm and we head to the employee parking lot into her car.